One Week Later

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're using the Kolsch Wyeast there is a chance you won't be able to get it to drop if you tried. It hangs on forever in my couple of experiences with it. Just rack from underneath it if you need to.

Ahhhh....Kolsch that was my first ever brew.......good stuff....you will be fine...and you WILL enjoy...I need to brew a Kolsch again real soon!

Thanks all.

Yes, I'm using the Kolsch yeast from Wyeast. I'll give it another week or so and see where it's at.

I'm really stoked for this stuff, it smelled fan-freakin-tastic!

If you can cold crash it for a few weeks that will really help that beer. Not only will the krausen not drop but the yeast remains in suspension pretty much forever. If you bottle I would let them carbonate and then if you have room put them in the fridge (or maybe a really cold part of the house) to let them clear up. I love these beers though, super simple and super tasty.

I was planning on racking to a carboy and putting in the crawl space for a few weeks. It's a constant 45° pretty much year round.

Back