BG14 and the Blichmann 15g

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slightlyoffbeat

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've been graphing out my brutus 10 build, but I'm stuck on something:

I'd really like to use BG14s for at least the HLT and BK. I'll just be on BBQ propane for now, but I'd like to update to NG after I move. I do mostly 5-6 gallon batches but I'll be up to 10 in a year.

Here's the issue. I'll be using a 15g Blichmann for the HLT. The diameter is 12.8 inches. My SS will be 1.5" wide. Take a look at the diagram below. I don't think I can make the frame narrow enough to support the BT, but wide enough to fit the BG14 in there. Has anyone used BG14s with the Blichmann 15g? I'm worried that if I opt for the BG12 instead, then it will take too long to heat up my water when I step up to 10 gallon batches.

Any advice? Is it completely ridiculous to not just go with the BG12s? I just keep hearing about how they are underpowered after converting to low pressure...and I want my build to scale.

dQJb0.jpg

I use the BG14's and the Blickman and I love it. I did not put those angled pieces in there and had a round piece of metal made that was 1" high and 1/2" wide that supporst the pots on the top. I will get a picture here shortly to show you.

Latest posts

Back