Congress mash?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sentfromspain

Reaction score
Is there a guide for making a congress mash? I ask as I am a little disappointed with the efficiency results of a BIAB, and adding more grain to the mash - while being a quick solution - doesn't permit me to predict the OG with new recipes.

From what I have read, this can be a fairly technical test of malt properties. I believe the mash program is to hold at 45*C for half an hour, ramp to 75*C over 25 minutes and hold for 60 minutes. You can do it with finely ground malt (flour) and coarse malt.

Maybe if you posted this in the Brew Science section, one of our more technical members could be of more help.

Congress? What is this like a 2 party grain bill, one with enough enzymes to convert but they refuse to work together and nothing ever gets accomplished?

Then you add special liberatarian malts,& the other 2 refuse to even work with them.:D Then the yeast are like legislators,sometimes they get the job done...other times they get hung up.

Latest posts

Back