My Weldless Electric HERMS build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I shortened my hoses up alot since that picture, not only to keep me from tripping on them but to lessen heat loss between the HLT and MLT during recirc.

eh, dunno?

I do plan on hose clamping them all with the oetiker style clamps if I can find them. That way I can put insulation on all the hoses.

I had initially thought of insulating my hoses... but then.

I brewed in the middle of winter and my differential was still 3-4F

I realized that it would probably stiffen my hoses and make moving them more difficult

It would make cleaning some of them more of a hassle

So when I switched to silicone I was sure to just make the hoses as short as possible. From MLT to HEX to MLT the wort only travels through 6.5' of hose right now.

so I was finally able to finish up the new brew stand now that my brew shed is almost finished. Now I can leave the brewery set up and not have to lug it all over the back yard.

Still working on the control panel, but that should be finished in the next couple days.

Inspiration for this cart came from John Beere and the stand he built. The whole thing is screwed and glued together, I think I could use it as a car stand if I wanted to.

The cart dimensions are 36"W 32"T and 18" deep.

dsc_0158.jpg

dsc_0162.jpg

Lookin good! I've put some of that air conditioning insulation foam over mine to limit thermal loss, and I don't think its really significantly changed the flexibility, but my hose I'm using isn't really that flexible anyway, not until its had a bit of hot wort flowing through it.

I still need to spray paint my stand... its all metal, and god awful ugly :p

Thanks!

Yeah after I finish adding my valves and removing the QD's i'm going to insulate all the lines to see how close I can get the two vessels in temp.

I've seen in some of your other posts some changes to you setup....do you mind sharing what you have done since your last photo as I'm very impressed with your rig.

This is a really sweet rig you got setup. I've been trolling all the forum's to see what people have done, and this one of the most impressive! So, now that i have some extremely great instructions to follow for my own, my question is

How do i build one of those BrewTrollers?? If i'm going to put together one of these systems, might as well automate it as well! haha

Come on over to brewtroller.com

I am getting ready to put finished controllers and kits in the store if you want to get one of your own.

Back