Who can relate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brulosopher

Reaction score
I'm assuming anyone who has a kegerator or keezer and invites friends/family over for parties:
image-148818046.jpg

Permanently attached ;)

I totally get that and I don't think it's exclusive to keggers. From personal experience this happens just as readily with bottled beer. The controlling factor seems to be availability and not method of delivery.

nukebrewer said:
I totally get that and I don't think it's exclusive to keggers. From personal experience this happens just as readily with bottled beer. The controlling factor seems to be availability and not method of delivery.

Amen.

nukebrewer said:

Amen.

I have a rule that takes care of that. When you are drinking at my house, you can only have as much to drink as I do and since I limit myself to one bottle per day, that's all anyone else gets too. Haven't had a drunk here ever except for the neighbor that was drunk when he arrived and he didn't get any beer.

RM-MN said:
I have a rule that takes care of that. When you are drinking at my house, you can only have as much to drink as I do and since I limit myself to one bottle per day, that's all anyone else gets too. Haven't had a drunk here ever except for the neighbor that was drunk when he arrived and he didn't get any beer.

That simply would not work for me... I have 6 taps; if I limited myself to 1 pint per day I'd be brewing once per year... I currently make 20 gallons per month. Ahem ;)

Well. I bet your parties are a blast.. :rolleyes:

;)

Life's good when there aren't any drama-addicts in your life.

Party at RM-MN's house!....not.:D

Seriously, you actually have parties with this rule?

I'm assuming anyone who has a kegerator or keezer and invites friends/family over for parties:
View attachment 84736

Permanently attached ;)

If they had one of these at every party or bar, life would be much less annoying.

That's hardcore man :rockin:

Maybe I'm just too old to party like some of you but when I was younger I tried the drinking and found that I had complete memory lapse at times, not fuzzy memory, total loss. When you have photographic memory and then have total blanks it can bother you. I was afraid that I would do something really stupid when drunk and not remember it at all, wake up in jail and have no defense so I quit trying to get drunk. It just seemed too dangerous for my life.

Maybe I'm just too old to party like some of you but when I was younger I tried the drinking and found that I had complete memory lapse at times, not fuzzy memory, total loss. When you have photographic memory and then have total blanks it can bother you. I was afraid that I would do something really stupid when drunk and not remember it at all, wake up in jail and have no defense so I quit trying to get drunk. It just seemed too dangerous for my life.

I get that, what I was asking about was why you hold your guests to your one drink/day rule.

I'm hoping RM-MN meant that guests are only allowed to drink as much of HIS BEER as he does (i.e., one bottle) - not that they're not allowed to consume more than him of beverages they brought THEMSELVES. That would at least make a little sense. Maybe RM-MN will clarify?

bja said:
If you have to put up a sign like this for a party, you really need to find better friends.

Sure. It's tough, though, to find new family ;)

If you have to put up a sign like this for a party, you really need to find better friends.

We had our family Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and mid afternoon I offered my homebrew to anyone who wanted to sample. With 20 people here including children we went through my brew pretty fast. In fact it took 2 whole bottles. Yep, a big drinking party.:D

and right after their one and only beer, there is poetry reading.

I have a rule that takes care of that. When you are drinking at my house, you can only have as much to drink as I do and since I limit myself to one bottle per day, that's all anyone else gets too.

"I've had one beer. And one beer. And one beer. And one beer." - Ya gotta work around the rules.

Back