Help me re-identify my hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeuceDeuce41

Reaction score
I know that I planted Cascade Centennial and Chinook last year, but my labels got lost somewhere in the 6' of snow that flew and I can't remember what order I planted them in..

I can identify many plants, but hops I just can't find enough info on! So if anyone is growing these varieties, and one of these leaves looks familiar, let me know!

IMG_1074.jpg

Thanks all!
JD

There are only I think 6 different shapes of leaves when it comes to hops. I could be wrong on the number, but they're all basically the same. The only real way to figure it out would be to taste them.

I think the first is centennial. I would have to go outside to be sure. I have cascade and centennial planted and I am amazed how small the leaves are compared to cascade.

I'm having the same issue and have both cascade and centennial planted right now. I know which are my cascade, don't know centennial, saaz and tettnang. I can post some pictures later but most of my plants are so small that the leaves are not fully developed yet. If you haven't figured it out by then, I'll post some pictures of mine that you could hopefully use to figure it out.

Here are my cacades followed by my centennials. Cascades leaves are huge right now vs centennial. Cascades are almost 16'

Cacade.jpg

Cent.jpg

left to right, i'd say centennial, chinook and cascade. the centennials usually have deeper cut lobes, the chinooks are much more 'blocky' than the cascades. the bines of my chinook are usually much thicker than either of the other two and they tend to grow off the pole(trellis) a lot more so than the others. also, once the cones mature, the bracts of the chinook usually flair out at the tips where as cascade and cents are more cupped inwards toward the strig.

left is centenial for sure. i can't speak to the others. if i have time i'll take some pictures of my cascade, centenial and chinooks.

left to right, i'd say centennial, chinook and cascade. the centennials usually have deeper cut lobes, the chinooks are much more 'blocky' than the cascades. the bines of my chinook are usually much thicker than either of the other two and they tend to grow off the pole(trellis) a lot more so than the others. also, once the cones mature, the bracts of the chinook usually flair out at the tips where as cascade and cents are more cupped inwards toward the strig.

+1 but Im less sure on the cascade and chinook, centennials definitely have narrower leaves

Back