Fantastic deal on turkey fryer!! (for boiling wort)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! What caused this to SKYROCKET so much? Now I wish I would of bought 2-3 of them!

They skyrocketed because Amazon no longer has any in stock themselves, so you would actually be buying from a 3rd party retailer. Still, the price was at $65-70 when Amazon had them a few weeks ago.

Well we definitely got a steal on this, but that price is just stupid high. The quality is not that great and so paying over, say, $80, is probably not worth it. But this new price is just laughable. :) Glad everyone is pleased with their order!

Well we definitely got a steal on this, but that price is just stupid high. The quality is not that great and so paying over, say, $80, is probably not worth it. But this new price is just laughable. :) Glad everyone is pleased with their order!

I was thinking the same thing, for the new price you would think it was SS.

Well I set my burner up today. Took a little while to put together, but overall it was pretty smooth. Some of the nuts did fit on the screws very well, and I had to force them on with the included wrench.

This will definitely not hold a keg unless I remove the little burner grates that hold the stock pot in place and keep it from sliding side to side. I'm worried that it will not hold a stainless stock pot either, unless I find a stock pot that has the same diameter as the included one. The included stock pot is pretty small in diameter, but it is tall. I'm not sure if this is a standard size or not.

This will be fine for the time being though. I look forward to brewing my first all grain! For the price, I really couldn't have gone wrong with this purchase.

Well I set my burner up today. Took a little while to put together, but overall it was pretty smooth. Some of the nuts did fit on the screws very well, and I had to force them on with the included wrench.

This will definitely not hold a keg unless I remove the little burner grates that hold the stock pot in place and keep it from sliding side to side. I'm worried that it will not hold a stainless stock pot either, unless I find a stock pot that has the same diameter as the included one. The included stock pot is pretty small in diameter, but it is tall. I'm not sure if this is a standard size or not.

This will be fine for the time being though. I look forward to brewing my first all grain! For the price, I really couldn't have gone wrong with this purchase.

I had the same issues with putting it together, I had no patience for the included wrench! Just used a socket set instead, much easier. I finally got to use it last weekend, I did not make a heatsheild as suggested and paid big time for it. It got the boil up and rolling well enough. But the wind made the wort unstable and I ended up with 3 boil overs! Not much was lost, but it make the brand new burner sticky and near impossible to clean up. Not the burners fault though, and it brought up a pot of water to boil in about 25 minutes with the wind.

This will definitely not hold a keg unless I remove the little burner grates that hold the stock pot in place and keep it from sliding side to side.

Have you tried it yet? It doesn't look like it, but it holds both of the kegs that I have (Straight sided and bulged sided) quite sturdily. It sits on those little fingers inside the bottom rim of the keg.

polishedkeg.jpg

Have you tried it yet? It doesn't look like it, but it holds both of the kegs that I have (Straight sided and bulged sided) quite sturdily. It sits on those little fingers inside the bottom rim of the keg.

polishedkeg.jpg

Same here, mine just fits over the top.

Back