new home brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wombat32

Reaction score
I live in Clinton Township, and I am about to commence my first batch of beer. Being a total novice, I'm going to use a Mr Beer kit. I have two questions: 1) are there other beer brands that will work with Mr Beer, and if so, what are some good dark beers to try? 2) what local beer making supply stores should I be adding to my gps?

not sure about the local stuff but try northern brewer for online shopping... they are a big vendor that comes to mind. i know they have small batch kits.

Welcome!

Hello and welcome Wombat32. The local homebrew shop for you would be Cap 'N Cork at 21 mile and Garfield. They will hook you up with any recipes/kits you might need. There is also a homebrew club based out of there called CRAFT (Clinton River Association of Fermentation Technologist). We move around for our meeting but many of them are at Sherwood's Brewing Company. Our next meeting is at Falling Down Beer Co. on 6/19 at 7pm if you're interested. I found joining a club was by far the single most thing that helped improve my beer.

21 Mile and Garfield is pretty close to me. I'm at Groesbeck just south of Harrington. I will try to make it to the next meeting. I had already found the CRAFT club online but it appears the contact email is no longer valid.

hmm it should be... which email did you mail? I'm the VP of the club so if it's not listed correctly I'll get it updated.

Back