Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine! Lots of thanks to all the great ideas and help from the HBT forum!!:rockin:
22878d1301449978-show-us-your-sculpture-brew-rig-img_1022.jpg

Is that a VR85002132 ? I just ordered a few of them today in this thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/10-banjo-burner-ng-gas-coontrol-valve-pilot-light-292346/

Hopefully this picture works. I've never posted from the iPhone app.

Here is my extract brew rig. I'm collecting hardware for an all grain rig, but still need to do the keggle conversion. For now I use this.

image-2480177372.jpg

Pump is used for recirculating, cooling and transfer. I put a bypass line around the CFC to get a whirlpool going before transferring it to the fermenter.

image-1309901621.jpg

Hopefully I will be posting an all grain rig sometime soon. Thanks for all the inspiration!

After almost a year of gathering parts to build a NG Brutus rig, I ran across WildWest's lean to build and Kal's Electric Brewery (The Electric Brewery), and immediately changed plans. I ended up with an all SS 15 gallon system, powered by two 5500W elements. I got a lot of the hardware from Brewer's Hardware and can't say enough for Darrin's products and service (Brewers Hardware, LLC.). I've brewed four batches on it so far and couldn't imagine going back to the gas burner. It's been amazing to brew on.

P1010747.JPG

P1010757.JPG

P1010758.JPG

after almost a year of gathering parts to build a ng brutus rig, i ran across wildwest's lean to build and kal's electric brewery (the electric brewery), and immediately changed plans. I ended up with an all ss 15 gallon system, powered by two 5500w elements. I got a lot of the hardware from brewer's hardware and can't say enough for darrin's products and service (brewers hardware, llc.). I've brewed four batches on it so far and couldn't imagine going back to the gas burner. It's been amazing to brew on.

p1010747.jpg

p1010757.jpg

p1010758.jpg
nice!

SpaceCoastBrew said:
After almost a year of gathering parts to build a NG Brutus rig, I ran across WildWest's lean to build and Kal's Electric Brewery (The Electric Brewery), and immediately changed plans. I ended up with an all SS 15 gallon system, powered by two 5500W elements. I got a lot of the hardware from Brewer's Hardware and can't say enough for Darrin's products and service (Brewers Hardware, LLC.). I've brewed four batches on it so far and couldn't imagine going back to the gas burner. It's been amazing to brew on.

Just told the SWMBO that is my "dreamery"

SBC, where did you get that table ? About how thick is the top on it ? I love how you have that set up, even though I prefer NG to electric.

Thanks for the compliments!

I got the table from SSProduct on ebay. They have a store front there and you can pick just about any configuration/size you want. The table top is 18 gauge. It has 3 hat channels running the length below both shelves. I don't worry at all about the weight on it.

Where can I get a blueprint or instruction cut out of how to build a home brewing system. I am interested in expanding just don't know where to start

Where can I get a blueprint or instruction cut out of how to build a home brewing system. I am interested in expanding just don't know where to start

A lot of systems are built around the builders parts or brewing style (keggles, kettles, RIMS, HERMS) so a lot of systems will vary as far as blue prints go. If you look around at a lot of the DYI brew stand builds you will see some of the posters will provide a cut list.

Thanks SBC.

What are the dimensions of your table and what is the diameter (approx) of your brew pots ?

Thanks !

Brewman, the table is 24"x72" and the kettles are Blichmann 15 gal, so they're 15.7" in diameter. I'm really happy with the sizing and amount of room I have to work with.

Thanks. I really appreciate the replies, SBC.

Do you think a 4 leg version of that table would be strong enough ? I ask because I'd like to put wheels on mine and its easier to do 4 legs than 6.

I can't believe how elegant your system is.

More questions if you will, SBC. I hope I am not overwhelming you.

I found that seller on eBay. There is another seller that sells a very similar table with 4 legs versus 6 for about the same money, but with free shipping. Care to comment why you chose one over the other ?

How tall is your backsplash ? The item page says theirs is 1.5", yours looks taller than that ?

It would be great if I didn't have to weld up a brewstand, though I am a good and able welder.

No worries, Brewman. I went with the 6 legs simply for the extra load capacity in the future. I could use this table with a much larger setup if I'd like. Eliminating the middle set of legs would just limit how large of a system you could put on there safely. I think as long as the table has the three channels under the top, it won't have an issue for 15 gal setup. The channels are really rigid and transmit the load out to the legs well. I think my back splash is 4". Also, this table is completely 304SS. Some tables have galvanized legs and lower shelves...just be aware that you're getting what you think you are.

As for the wheels, I would be concerned with the overall height of the system. I'm 6' and I wouldn't want my setup any taller than it currently is. Also, the center of gravity would be fairly high, so moving it might be a bit unstable. I would make certain to use locking casters.

Here's another picture of it so you can get a better idea of the spacing. I'm running my mash here.
photo%25255B1%25255D.jpg

Very nice set up! Well done. I have been cooking the idea of going all electric and this is a very clean looking rig. Any chance you can throw in a few pics of the insides of your kettles?

Thanks for the help, SBC. I really appreciate it. HBT rocks thanks the guys like you !

Here is my fully digital B3 1100

View attachment 35586

My wife loves this sculpture

View attachment 35587

The hot liquor tank, heat infuser, and float switch

View attachment 35588

The mash tun with float switch

View attachment 35590

The digital controllers

View attachment 35591

The digital control panel selector switch

View attachment 35592

The digital burner under the hot liquor tank

[email protected]. on tap: easy virtue blonde, fruity monk belgian wit. primary: American pale ale, American stout, blow your top steam, and heffewitzen

how did you twist your copper?

I hope I'm not derailing this thread. My apologies if I am and I promise it will end soon.

SS Table Discussion.

SBC, I believe you bought this table.
24"x72" All Stainless Steel Work Table w/ Backsplash PB | eBay
Nice table.

I, however, am going to buy this table.
All Stainless Steel Work Table 24"x72" Top w/1.5" Backsplash NSF FREE SHIPPING! | eBay

Another option would have been this table without the backsplash, which on the table above should really be called a lip.
NSF All Stainless Steel Work Table 24x72 FREE SHIPPING! | eBay

I am not sure that my table will be as strong as yours. We know your table has 6 legs. The picture for my table shows 4, but advertisements for other tables like these say that 72" and longer come with 6 legs.

I am going to put casters on mine, so I'm not sure how much the extra 2 legs buy me anyway.

Your table also has a higher backsplash, 4" versus 1.5" on my table.

Your table might also have 3 hat rail things, whereas mine might have only 2. I'll know when I get it. It might not matter anyway as I may need to cut out the center channel and replace it to make room for the burners.

My table is, however, all stainless, as is yours, albeit 430.

One of my justifications for getting my table versus the one you ordered is that I'll be cutting holes in my table top for NG burners, which in itself will require some reinforcement. And it was less expensive.

My pots are 11 gallons. I'll generally be brewing batches with a fermentation starting volume of 6 to 8 gallons, so I'm not talking about a huge amount of weight here.

I have a TIG welder and plasma cutter on order. (For projects other than brewing.) Should my table be a bit on the wobbly side, I'll be TIGing the legs in place and adding reinforcements.

I'll also be ordering these casters.
COMMERCIAL KITCHEN 5" STEM CASTERS WITH BRAKE- 4 PACK | eBay

Caveat. I have no affiliations with any table makers.

I hope this helps someone.

Edit.

I did not buy this table because of the aluminum die cast leg holder thingies. I can't TIG aluminum to SS.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Stainle...060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb18943c

Thanks for the inspiration and information, SBC. Greatly appreciated.

I really appreciated you pointing out your table was all SS. I didn't know from looking at the first pictures and I'm happy that my table is too.

Apparently 430 doesn't weld so hot, compared to 304.
http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=996
http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=965

But it is weldable. We aren't building a space shuttle.
http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1178

I'll post back how this all works out in a build thread.

P1010747.JPG

P1010757.JPG

P1010758.JPG

OMG!!! That is amazing!! Do you have a build thread?

It's a work in progress. Finally had a guy in town build it for me and integrated my banjo burners. Down the road I will put another burner under the center keg.

brutus hybrid.jpg

image-2130646269.jpg

Not the best picture, but there she be. I still need another burner but the insulation is actually working out really well.

My oldest son talked me into putting together an electric system after I came across these vessels at the scrap yard I work at. We decided to build the stand as low as possible so it would be easier to deal with cleaning, due to the size of the vessels (60 gal.). I'm actually thinking of building a separate platform. And yes, I know the HLT looks like a large soup can. Right now I'm gathering the components for the remainder of the build.

2012-01-02_16-49-05_645.jpg

2012-01-02_16-44-56_223.jpg

2012-01-02_16-44-39_482.jpg

2011-12-21_15-04-19_919.jpg

SCB, where did you get the tri clamp gaskets that stay connected to the ferrule? That is one of the few hang ups I have with TC connects

lorax, I think you're seeing the covers that I keep over the tri-clamps when not in use, just to help keep the system clean. I still use the standard silicone gaskets between the mating halves. Once you get used to them it's really easy.

SCB, where did you get the tri clamp gaskets that stay connected to the ferrule? That is one of the few hang ups I have with TC connects

I solved the problem with stay in place gaskets.
Search for Sanitary Flanged Gasket

100_5447-1.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

"BrewGhettoStan" made with parts and pieces lying around the house. 8 gal HLT, 10 gal mash tun, 15 gal keggle. Needs a few refinements but made for a very easy brew day Sunday :ban:

brew stand.jpg

My oldest son talked me into putting together an electric system after I came across these vessels at the scrap yard I work at. We decided to build the stand as low as possible so it would be easier to deal with cleaning, due to the size of the vessels (60 gal.). I'm actually thinking of building a separate platform. And yes, I know the HLT looks like a large soup can. Right now I'm gathering the components for the remainder of the build.

Nice find with the vessels!

Ok I have to know, is that a 67/8/9 camaro/firebird you're working on there?

Back