Bad day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
*rant warning*

1) First day of 3rd "official" semester at college. ("Official" meaning the first 3 semesters back in 2001 just don't count...*cough*) I take my car registration in to campus 5-0, a lady walks out directing the epic line of humanity into separate lines, and I approach her saying "I'm just dropping off my registration, I already have a sticker on my car." She says "oh that's fine, I can take that." Registration handed off, I get back to my car 2 hours later with a ticket in the window (parking sticker properly displayed, mind).

2) My pre-made sausage breakfast burrito at the campus cafeteria did not have salsa or cheese. MAJOR foul.

3) I take aforementioned car, which I just purchased this last Friday ('02 Saturn SC1, if you must know) in to have a 90k mile check-up. Car ran perfect up to this point with no issues whatsoever, and keep in mind that Saturns of that era use Dex-Cool, which is a reddish-brown colored coolant. Knowing this when I purchased the car, I didn't think anything of it when I inspected the car. Grease monkey comes in after a few minutes...I have a crack inside the block and oil in the coolant reservoir. $1,500 to fix.

4) SF Giants lose in the bottom of the 9th after being 2 runs up. 'nuff said.

5) I pop online to check my car insurance. Since I still have my old Civic which has been "For Sale" since acquiring the Saturn, it turns out Farmer's insurance merely switched the policies over to the Saturn instead of starting a new one until the Civic is sold. This is after I specifically told the agent that the Civic had not been sold & I needed the policy to remain until I contact them.

And I have classes for the next 3 days...drive Captain Cracked Block or Madame Sans-Insurance...

Beer #4 is doing nothing for me. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I drove a 5 cylinder GMC pickup in college (1 didn't work). I always kept my bike in the back in case I was going somewhere important. Dude, you're a college student, enjoy it.

I drove a 5 cylinder GMC pickup in college (1 didn't work). I always kept my bike in the back in case I was going somewhere important. Dude, you're a college student, enjoy it.

This. And go D-backs! :rockin:

Although you might get some games back since our Philly series starts today...

Back