F@&* it! brew more beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggerthanyou83

Reaction score
So I might of jacked up my stout but why should i wait around to see if it's nasty. I'm going to syaty brewing my. Blackberry IPA. Only thing is ido if I should put blackberries in the boil, or in the secondary. I was thinking about adding some blackberries to the end of the boil and then add some blackberry concentrate in the secondary. What do u guys think. :rockin:

dont boil them, they will release pectins. You can steep them to get rid of bacteria and add them to the primary or secondary.

Tipping them back a little early? That is a pretty incoherent mess of a question up there.

Sry guys I was using my new phone. Damn touch screen and auto correct. I'll re post once I get on my lab tap

:off:Go into your phone's settings and turn off the auto correct. I had to do that as well as where it guesses what word you are typing and puts it in before you finish and it's the wrong word. Drove me CRAZY.

Sry guys I was using my new phone. Damn touch screen and auto correct. I'll re post once I get on my lab tap

Awesome, you have a tap in your lab? I wish we had taps in our labs at work. I would spend a lot more time in the lab running "experiments" if we had a tap in there. You are really lucky.

So I might of jacked up my stout but why should i wait around to see if it's nasty. I'm going to syaty brewing my. Blackberry IPA. Only thing is ido if I should put blackberries in the boil, or in the secondary. I was thinking about adding some blackberries to the end of the boil and then add some blackberry concentrate in the secondary. What do u guys think. :rockin:

Dude.. I love the way you think.. Brew more beer! :mug:

LakewoodBrew said:
Awesome, you have a tap in your lab? I wish we had taps in our labs at work. I would spend a lot more time in the lab running "experiments" if we had a tap in there. You are really lucky.

I literally just laughed out loud. I missed that one.

Too many bubbles to listen to.. :)

Haha! Most forum sarcasm isn't that funny to me but for some reason this caught me just right.

I'm going to start brewing my Blackberry IPA. Only thing is I don’t know if I should put blackberries in the boil, or in the secondary. I was thinking about adding some blackberries to the end of the boil and then add some blackberry concentrate in the secondary. What do u guys think?

So I got it shouldn’t add them in the boil. Should I steep them and then cut in half then put in the fermenting bucket? OR just put them in the secondary? OR can I add them to both? And by steep do I just dip them in regular boiling water? Or is there a temperature ranged to stick between?

Why add them at all? There is no such thing as a Blackberry IPA as far as I know. In general fruit flavor in beer has limited applications and are mostly for low hopped sour/tart beers like wheats, belgians/lambics/framboise and maybe the occasional cherry stout.

You can add it if you like, but an IPA would be a pretty odd choice for the backbone of a fruited ale. Remember, as you stated, your goal is to brew more and avoid making beers that suck.

Why add them at all? There is no such thing as a Blackberry IPA as far as I know. In general fruit flavor in beer has limited applications and are mostly for low hopped sour/tart beers like wheats, belgians/lambics/framboise and maybe the occasional cherry stout.

You can add it if you like, but an IPA would be a pretty odd choice for the backbone of a fruited ale. Remember, as you stated, your goal is to brew more and avoid making beers that suck.

After reading up a little bit more about IPAs ill have to agree..... Sorry i get Excited about brewing and want to add my own twist on some of the beers I brew…. But like I said I just read a few threads about ppl trying to add fruit to IPAs and they came out horrible…. Thanx Again HBT!:drunk:

After reading up a little bit more about IPAs ill have to agree..... Sorry i get Excited about brewing and want to add my own twist on some of the beers I brew…. But like I said I just read a few threads about ppl trying to add fruit to IPAs and they came out horrible…. Thanx Again HBT!:drunk:

Just trying to make the world a safer place, one beer at a time:mug:

Back