Adding crystal malt after fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylit

Reaction score
I have 5 gallons of pale ale finished, cold and in the keg. It's good, but it lacks sweetness. I don't want to use Lactose, so my question is this...

Can I steep a half pound of C40 in some hot water and add it to the finished beer?

You would need to boil it or it would contaminate the beer. Still not sure how it would work out.

Have you considered something like splenda?

Making up a light candi syrup would also work. Just add some potassium sorbate so the yeast don't chew through it.

Can I steep a half pound of C40 in some hot water and add it to the finished beer?

I made something similar a year ago for the toasted flavour and turned out fine. Just boil it to sanitized it and chill it. Don't use too much water, or you'll dilute all the other flavours and aromas.
I suggest anyway to go for it only if the beer is NOT good or if you want to make an experiment. I wouldn't disturb the beer in any other case.

Cheers :mug:
Piteko

Back