DKershner Tasting LCasanova's Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKershner

Reaction score
Hey Gluten Freers,

LCasanova was generous enough to send me a couple bottles of his gluten free beers for feedback on what I (and Jaimi) taste with his beers. I applaud his example and decided to share all of our thoughts with all of you as well.

The first beer we tried was the gluten free double chocolate stout. Our thoughts are located here: http://brew.dkershner.com/2010/casanova-double-chocolate-stout-heavy-soul/

Enjoy, and let me know your guys thoughts as well, especially if you have brewed any of these yourselves. :mug:

Booyah! Looking forward to the others, especially the blood orange- make sure you get some yeast in the glass on that one.

I'll slate it for tonight and give it the ole roll around before the last pour. Looking forward to the saison myself, I am brewing one of those on 9/11...not GF though.

Eh, the saison is okay- let me know if you think any of the spices came through- my coworkers tasted it more than I did.

I am trying not to look at any of the recipes before I drink em to be more objective, but I will glance at them after I write out the reviews. But i'll surely let you know what I taste in there. :mug:

Made a few comments on my site and one on your recipe. I also added links to your recipes on all the reviews.

I will try and do the Double IPA tonight, but I have a feeling I will be drinking the majority of that one. An aged double IPA just has no chance of agreeing with someone who has never had a hoppy beer.

Good news- finally got my hands on some pumpkin puree (I use Libby's) so I'll be making a pumpkin ale soon and I ordered enough ingredients to make my brown ale again. I'll be sending some more your way for feedback in the future.

Oh- and I stocked up on pumpkin so I can actually brew it sooner next year. I'll be damned if I let pumpkin season or shortages stop me now.

Lol, good, we just ran out of the GF pumpkin beer from last year. I used 13lbs of real pumpkin in the mash. :D

This year I am making a holiday spice ale instead, which will be coming towards you.

That is a LOT of pumpkin I'm only using about 4 lbs between the puree and pie mix. I actually really enjoyed that beer both with and without the pumpkin. Looking forward to the holiday spice ale.

That is a LOT of pumpkin I'm only using about 4 lbs between the puree and pie mix. I actually really enjoyed that beer both with and without the pumpkin. Looking forward to the holiday spice ale.

It was a 10gal batch for one, and using actual pumpkin is much less efficient than using puree. I would venture to say that you are actually using much more pumpkin than I did.

Probably not. I'll just have to save up for a beer tasting trip to the US.

Maybe I could dehydrate some, send it as a nice white powder in an envelope and you guys could just add water?

Yeah, sounds delicious. You'd have to add alcohol too.

Back