Skunked Saison Dupont

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen_Brew

Reaction score
Just got a 750ml bottle of Saison Dupont last week. I really enjoy this saison and was looking forward to it. I popped the cork Sunday night and sat back with the G/F to watch some DVD's.

I lifted the tulip glass up to take sip and as I inhaled......skunk! Nooooo.
I poured the G/F a glass and asked her to smell it. She said "Oh my god it smells like a skunk" I made it through one 2/3 full glass and left the rest of the bottle. It tasted like someone had mixed Saison with skunked Heineken. :mad:

Why do breweries continue to put beers in Green bottles? Damn $10 bottle of Saison ruined!

Have you emailed the distributor? It sucks that you got a skunked bottle of an excellent beer... don't listen to the haters.

Why do people who should know better continue to buy $10 beers in green bottles?

You know, Saison Dupont happens to be a wonderful Saison. If there was a brown bottle option I would certainly opt for that. That aside when I have a craving for one I have to go with what is available. I was just looking to commiserate with anyone else who had similiar experience.

Thanx for the helpful advice just the same. :rolleyes:

I had the exact same thing happen to me (I was pissed). Saison Dupont is the only saison in the style guidelines I can get. So I guess I have to brew a saison at some point to find out what it should taste like.

That sucks. I don't understand green bottles either. I want a non-skunked one now.

Side note. I think this is the first time I've seen a girlfriend/fiance/wife reference on here not using "swmbo". Good for you.

Back