Best place for keg kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTER

Reaction score
So my lazy ass is officially done with bottling. I'm looking to keg two batches at a time so I need a kit with 2 kegs, hoses, CO2 tank, faucets, etc. Basically everything I'm going to need to get started. Where's the best place to order on-line? I'm sure I could do a search but as I said, I'm lazy. :D

What ever you do, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not patronize kegkits.com as they have a terrible reputation around these parts.

Sorry, but I saw the title and was hoping that it wasn't too late to inform you. Their customer service is very poor and you will have to wait months to get your order, if at all.

This caught my attention. It has everything I need and it seems to be a fair price. Any input?

Ya, Kegconnection is a great supplier with good prices. If this is for a kegerator, you may want to consider a 5lb tank setup. But, if you'll be transporting the kegs often, a 20oz setup can't be beat!

That kit is pretty cheap, especially for two kegs, but like lamarguy said, the 20oz tank isn't ideal for a kegerator. Also, i would want a dual gauge regulator.

I got my stuff from Midwest. Here's a similar kit from them, but with a 5lb tank and better overall parts:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=7742

They also sell a fridge kit with everything, although i'm not sure if it's any cheaper than buying the stuff separate:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4881

I bought my stuff from kegconnection and I'm very happy with it. I bought a 5# co2 tank, and dual regulator and three kegs. It was around $200 or so.

Then, I bought four kegs from Insco2 at about $17 each (plus shipping).

If you're going to have two taps, two kegs is NOT enough!

I wouldn't get a 20 ounce system. You wouldn't be able to force carb, and you'd be running out of gas all the time. Here's what I'd get:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=324

After just a few months, getting the 5lb tank will pay for the difference in price itself. A paintball tank is around $6 to fill around here and a 5lb is 12 at a welding supply. So with those prices you would pretty much be saving $12 everytime you filled the 5lb.

Check out www.kegglebrewing.com. I just bought a 4 keg setup from him. His prices are inline with other suppliers. Turn around was quick. He had a bit more customization than the other suppliers so I was able to get exactly what I wanted. Everything arrived assembled exactly how I wanted. He even threw in an extra gas line and connect for an extra regulator that I wanted. He called me when he was putting the order together just to make sure he got everyting right. He is a fellow homebrewer running his own small company. I always like to support the little guys when I can.

Grant

If you're going to have two taps, two kegs is NOT enough!

I wouldn't get a 20 ounce system. You wouldn't be able to force carb, and you'd be running out of gas all the time. Here's what I'd get:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=324

Thanks all for the advice. This board proves to be extremely helpful once again. This kit looks more like what I need. Might as well do it right the first time. Now I just need to convince my wife. :D

BTW, how much can I expect to pay for shipping?

If you add it to your cart they have a place you can enter your zip code and will tell you exactly how much shipping will be.

If you add it to your cart they have a place you can enter your zip code and will tell you exactly how much shipping will be.

Good call. $29.39 for UPS ground. Not bad I suppose. Time to beg for an early Christmas gift.

I ordered my system from Kegconnection and was very pleased. I ordered a kit without a CO2 tank and purchased a 20 pounder on eBay (I think it was around $70 incl shipping for a newly inspected aluminum tank). Most places around here will fill a 20 lb tank for the same price as a 5 lb tank ~$20.

Man how time flies. I put this idea on the back burner for a while bit it's time to finally get it done. I'm probably going to go this route. I just happen to have a spare refer that will make the perfect kegerator. Now if only that tax return would arrive.

It's not a case of IF I order from kegconnection, it's WHEN. I've emailled back and forth with Todd, the owner, and I'm amazed at how patient he is with my wishy-washiness. (I'm going with a four tap keezer, and can't decide on how I want my taps...)

Man how time flies. I put this idea on the back burner for a while bit it's time to finally get it done. I'm probably going to go this route. I just happen to have a spare refer that will make the perfect kegerator. Now if only that tax return would arrive.

I bought the same thing you have posted, then got a better frig for the outside and bought a Sanyo and did this

I ended up spending about the same as if I would have just bought a fixed up kegerator, wouldn't have had to spend the time (even though was a good time, easy build). But I still don't have the drain and rails on mine yet. I do have a bigger CO2 and Perliks, so just something to think about, take into effect what comes with each idea.

Cheers:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you order anything, make sure you know where you're going to get your tank filled, refilled, or swapped. You might find that your local people have strange policies like a 10lb minimum. At the time I bought my kegging setup, it was cheaper to get my tank at Holox than anyone had bundled in an online kit plus the cost to ship and swap it.

+1 for kegconnection, Just got my kit from them, very good. The only bad thing is they don't respond to email, I emailed them about a month ago reference a custom kit and still no response. If you need something, you have to call them, customer service over the phone is great, email, none

Any discounts or free shipping coupons you're offering right now that may sway me to go thru you versus other sellers? I'm just 2hrs south of you in Huntington, WV.

I'd go with kegconnection.com. I made a custom order with them yesterday and it shipped the same day and will be here today!! I spent weeks comparing prices and their deals couldn't be beat. I also like the ability to upgrade certain parts of the system - like a dual regulator and upgrading to perlicks (both of which I got).

Back