What to do with 1.5 oz simcoe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeder212

Reaction score
I've got 1.5 oz simcoe hops left over. I want to do something with them, but not too sure what. I haven't tried to create my own recipes yet, so would like a little help. Could I do a pale ale with all simcoe, or any other style. I'd like to use nothing but the simcoe, but if I need to get other hops to go with it, I can. TIA

:mug:

If you like Stone Brewing Company, simcoe would be nice in an IPA, but you'd need more hops to go along with it. The last BYO had Stone showcased with almost all of their clone recipes...

If you like Stone Brewing Company, simcoe would be nice in an IPA, but you'd need more hops to go along with it. The last BYO had Stone showcased with almost all of their clone recipes...

I've been wanting to do an IPA anyway...guess i'll be hitting up the LHBS for more hops. I've got that issue of BYO, just haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

I'd do an IPA and finish it with .5oz Simcoe @ 10minutes (along with a C-hop) and 1oz of Simcoe at flameout

I have simcoe, amarillo, and centenial hops that I need to figure out what to do with. I'm thinking of making my rye beer with all amarillo and a pale ale with alot of late addition centenial and simcoe.

Back