keging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlg779

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger I ordered a complet conversion setup from beverage elements last night

Congrats......... Since I moved to kegs I have not looked back. Knocks a lot of work and time out of beer brewing. It is much more enjoyable to brew a beer and know I dont have to clean,scrub & sanitize 52 bottles + caps+ buy priming sugar and wait three weeks or longer to drink my beer. I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Oddly, for me, the advantage to kegging turned out not to be the labor savings at bottling time, but at drinking time. Drawing a beer on tap is much better than dealing with opening, pouring, rinsing, and putting away a bottle just to have a beer.

Euphist said:
Oddly, for me, the advantage to kegging turned out not to be the labor savings at bottling time, but at drinking time. Drawing a beer on tap is much better than dealing with opening, pouring, rinsing, and putting away a bottle just to have a beer.

Yeah, that's a LOT of work. ; )

You'll never look back. I still sometimes bottle a few of certain batches that I want to age a long time to see how they taste but the time I've saved is way worth the expense of me getting a kegerator and 7 corny kegs.

What set up did you get? Have recently started brewing, but have been toying with the idea of building my own kegerator and putting together my own system.

I forgot to mention the chores to get myself out of the doghouse for letting the bottles pile up by the sink...:drunk:

You aren't kidding there! I get it with both barrells when I have the bottles at the sink to be rinsed... :confused:

I forgot to mention the chores to get myself out of the doghouse for letting the bottles pile up by the sink...:drunk:

You aren't kidding there! I get it with both barrels when I have the bottles at the sink to be rinsed... :confused:

Once you go to kegs--I mean I still save bottles--I still bottle stouts and porters--but to be able to brew a nice simple drinking ale--and to be able to go from mash to drinking it in just over two weeks-you just can't beat it!

Does 17 bucks to exchange a 20lb cylinder of co2 sound reasonable

It's crazy how the tank/gas thing works; a 10cf oxygen tank cost 20$ and 125cf oxygen tank cost 20$.

Glad I made the switch as well. Get yourself a counter pressure filler (or make one) an you'll have the best of both worlds. Filling up a couple bombers off the tap for club meetings and get togethers takes all of 5 minutes. Congrats!

Since I moved to kegs I have not looked back.
6.jpg
33.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg
34.jpg
a31.jpg

Back