Free keg - What to do with it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblvsn

Reaction score
Scored me a free keg. Now the big question is what do I do with it? I'm still just brewing from extract kits, but want to start all grain brewing soon. So for starting would I best best to just turn this into a keggle and use it for my brewpot until i can score the rest of the equipment necessary for all grain?

A keggle is good for extract and all grain. You'll need to do full boils for AG, but they'll make your extract batches much better too!

Just checked the DIY section and didn't notice any posts in there for a keggle. Anyone have a good DIY for one?

Thanks a bunch beer4breakfast! The search function was starting to piss me off. Could use a little work. Anyways the plasma cutter search definately narrows down things a lot better than a search for keggle.

dblvsn said:
Just checked the DIY section and didn't notice any posts in there for a keggle. Anyone have a good DIY for one?

making keggles is easy, get the top cut off, plasma cutter works best. My blacksmith charged me $20. Buy a hole safe and a bulkhead fitting, cut the hole install the bulk head fitting, clean, and BINGO your set. You may want to add a dip tube and thats easly done with some copper pipe or tubing, a few pieces from your local hardware store, and some soldering skill

Back