Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
I know a lot of people on here play fantasy football so I just thought I would make a spot for general talk about it.

I'll start it off.

Should I start Matt Ryan vs Mia or Joe Flacco vs KC? I am leaning towards Joe.

And who else just went and picked up Quinn just to have him on the bench?

Go with Matt Ryan all the way. I'm giving him at least two TDs against Miami's def. Quinn would for sure be a good pickup... don't expect MUCH from him, but he'll be a good secondary QB for byes.

I am planning on just holding onto quinn. I have a feeling that he could blow up this season.

Don't let you fanhood cloud your judgement. Ryan is the safer start. He might not be a better QB but he has more tools to work with and neither opponent is a defensive juggernaut.

Anyone have info on my all-basket-case players?
Is Brandon Marshall playing this week?
Has TO played at all this preseason?
Has Westbrook played?

And before anyone snickers, I got good enough deals on these guys that they don't have to pan out.

Don't let you fanhood cloud your judgement. Ryan is the safer start. He might not be a better QB but he has more tools to work with and neither opponent is a defensive juggernaut.

Has Westbrook played?

Yes, yes, and I don't think so.

But I am not a homer at all and don't make decisions based on my team at all with the only exception being I know what they are capable or not capable of more than more other players. I was making my decision based solely on the other team. The cheifs D is poop! and mia will have a decent pass rush and ok coverage.

Has Westbrook played?

Yes, they reactivated him and I can almost guarantee he will start.
First and Last Game but he's already dissing his new team publically. Hates the hurry up offense idea.
No, but they say he is ready to go.

WTF did you try to draft all the injured and disfunctional players you could? Let me guess you drafted Michael Vick and Shawn Merriman too :)

Yes, yes, and I don't think so.

But I am not a homer at all and don't make decisions based on my team at all with the only exception being I know what they are capable or not capable of more than more other players. I was making my decision based solely on the other team. The cheifs D is poop! and mia will have a decent pass rush and ok coverage.

Sorry, things come off harsher online than I expect them to. I just know in the general sense we tend to think higher of players we see play often. Didn't mean to label you an out-and-out homer. Personally, I like to draft players I hate. Helps me make decisions better.

Sorry, things come off harsher online than I expect them to. I just know in the general sense we tend to think higher of players we see play often. Didn't mean to label you an out-and-out homer. Personally, I like to draft players I hate. Helps me make decisions better.

Its cool. You really can't offend me. I am a huge die hard ravens fan but I have more steelers players on my fantasy teams than ravens.

Yes, they reactivated him and I can almost guarantee he will start.
First and Last Game but he's already dissing his new team publically. Hates the hurry up offense idea.
No, but they say he is ready to go.

WTF did you try to draft all the injured and disfunctional players you could? Let me guess you drafted Michael Vick and Shawn Merriman too :)

I do have Michael Vick! Round 17. We usually take a fluff pick at 17 in my league. It was either him or George Wrighster. They're gone by week 1 when we figure out all the great players nobody picked up.

As far as dysfunction, Westbrook fell to round 5 in a 10-team league. I picked him up 41st overall. TO went round 6 (60th). Marshall fell to round 10 (100th). The other teams in my league are scared to death of players with issues. At some point you just have to take a chance.

I would have just let them go and then maybe picked them up in a couple weeks off waiver.

Should I start Matt Ryan vs Mia or Joe Flacco vs KC? I am leaning towards Joe.

I would go with Ryan. Flacco isn't a terrible QB, but he's in a bad QB system. The receiving weapons are poor at best and the running back committee is terrible. Ryan has several decent receiving options in White, Jenkins, Booker and Tony Gonzalez, and a running back that's going to make the offense respect the run.

And who else just went and picked up Quinn just to have him on the bench?

I never carry more than two QB's, and since I already have Tony Homo and Marc Bulger, I wouldn't pick up Quinn. There are so many things wrong with the Browns, it's hard to decide which to start with. The receiving weapons for the Browns aren't good, the run game is poor and the O line isn't very good.

for hardcore fantasy players and their advice go to Fantasy Playmakers

Ive been a member there for years...Although I don't really do too much fantasy stuff anymore I still stop by because there are some good people on that board. They are younger but they know more than you. If you do decide to register to the board my username is Freak. They ask for a referral...it would be nice for them to know Im looking out for them...good luck!

Back