Where do you get your kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClemsonDV

Reaction score
I have been scouring Craigslist, but can't find any for a decent price. I am hoping to make a keggle, but I can't find the kegs.

Ah Jeez Clem. Youve opened the door up again. Hold on, its gonna be a bumpy ride.......

Just keep looking on Craigslist. You'll find something eventually.

Prefer my stainless MegaPot. Easy to find and easier to handle. Comes with a fitted lid. I paid the same price for my pot as I did my keg. Just an option

If I had it to do over again, I'd have just bought 20 or 25 gallon kettles, even if they were aluminum to cut costs.

I have been lucky, I just ask at breweries in my area. I tell them I'm a home brewer and describe what I'm building and I have been able to score 2 kegs free. If the brewery uses leased kegs like micro star they can't give them to you. Both the kegs I got (from separate places) had the pickup tube broken off on the inside. Seeing as I'm just cutting the top it makes no difference to me, but I guess isn't worth the labor to them to fish it out. Another word of advice is actually go face to face and knock on the door, if you call they may just think your a guy looking for scrap metal and tell you they don't have any. Good luck.

Back