First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletapbrewing

Reaction score
Put in the yeast and it was a bit stuck together. Is it going to still have the same effect? We stirred it and everything for a few minutes. Is it still going to ferment just fine?

No issue. And stirring helped not just to break up the yeast but also to aerate the wort (this is the only time you want to do that).

Well done. Now leave it alone for a few weeks before proceeding

I figured as much. The rest or the process went fine so I think it will turn out great. The tep says it is at 66 right now so that is almost perfect. The OG was also right on!

doubletapbrewing said:
I figured as much. The rest or the process went fine so I think it will turn out great. The tep says it is at 66 right now so that is almost perfect. The OG was also right on!

Is that ambient temp or beer temp? Fermentation will heat the beer up, which can bring it out of its preferred temp range. This is a mistake I made on my first brew which left me with fusel alcohols.

Is that ambient temp or beer temp? Fermentation will heat the beer up, which can bring it out of its preferred temp range. This is a mistake I made on my first brew which left me with fusel alcohols.

It is the temp that the sticker thermometer reads. I would assume that is the beer temp. I got the wort down to about 75 and then put 2 gallons on cold water into the fermenter with the wort. I will keep an eye on it as it begins to ferment a little more.

Latest posts

Back