• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FEELER: 10G Blichman Boilermaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my 10g blichman. No false bottom, has stainless ball valve, diptube, thermometer, and sight glass. Great shape, used it for BIAB, and only used it for 3 batches. Paid $429+ tax for this at the lhbs, expensive I know but was cheaper then shipping it. I really don't know what these are worth new around the states so I'm going to say $375 and open to offers. Buyer is responsible for shipping. Only reason for selling is would like to convert to electric BIAB, and have the option for 10g batches so I'll be building a keggle. Picture coming soon, but you all know what they look like.

Only picture I have. Mashing an Irish Red.

image-1002612802.jpg

I sold my 10 gallon BoilerMaker, earlier this week, for $275 USD. I paid about $350 for it new, about 1-1/2 years ago (at the LHBS). I'd say that don't go below the equal of $250 USD on yours ($325??) but still make buyer pay shipping and such.

I'm using keggles now (have been for a while) with one set for the mash tun, another for the BK and I'm making a 1/4 bbl HLT. I'm using propane burners to heat mine, not electric, and love it. For me, where I'm living, electric isn't an option.

Thanks for that info guys. Can't justify selling it for less than $350. I bought it 8 months ago for damn near $500 taxes included. It only has 3 batches through it. I guess it'll go in the closet.

Thanks for that info guys. Can't justify selling it for less than $350. I bought it 8 months ago for damn near $500 taxes included. It only has 3 batches through it. I guess it'll go in the closet.

List it for what you think you can get, or want... Just know that you can pretty much toss out the taxes amount on this. I paid over $20 in taxes on mine (I know, probably nothing compared to how you got graped) but I didn't add that to my selling cost. I also didn't run that many batches through my BoilerMaker kettle, and maintained it very well. Doesn't matter how many you run through it, as long as you've cleaned it properly after each use.

Perhaps you can try finding someone local, or maybe you LHBS will sell it used for you?

brans041 said:
Perhaps you can try finding someone local, or maybe you LHBS will sell it used for you?

Very few people brew around here. 99% of the population thinks homebrew is a can of "brew-mix" and yeast and that's as far as it goes.

I will try the lhbs though.

Is there a Craigslist.org for your area?? Maybe post it up there to try and reach a wider market. Just be prepared to know what shipping cost will be on it.

Golddiggie said:
Is there a Craigslist.org for your area?? Maybe post it up there to try and reach a wider market. Just be prepared to know what shipping cost will be on it.

No Craigslist here. Only kijiji. I haven't posted it on there yet, there really aren't many people brewing locally, I've already talked to everyone I know and nobody is really interested.

You might consider giving potential buyers a total weight including packing which you will ultimately have to provide. That is, if you're a serious seller!

govner1 said:
You might consider giving potential buyers a total weight including packing which you will ultimately have to provide. That is, if you're a serious seller!

Total weight should be less than 30lbs.

You can sell it to me for 300$ US shipped.

You can buy it from me for $300 and pay your own shipping.

From what I was able to see (couldn't enter the info to go from Carbonear, Nl to the states, had to go the other way) shipping is going to be murder to get it to the US. IMO, you're better off getting a new one direct from Blichmann. The item will only be a few dollars more and you'll save a LOT in shipping charges.

Golddiggie said:
From what I was able to see (couldn't enter the info to go from Carbonear, Nl to the states, had to go the other way) shipping is going to be murder to get it to the US. IMO, you're better off getting a new one direct from Blichmann. The item will only be a few dollars more and you'll save a LOT in shipping charges.

I'm not sure what shipping will be but it will be a fair chunk.

I'm not sure what shipping will be but it will be a fair chunk.

Box dimensions and weight are critical bits of info... It's also easier for the sender to figure out shipping costs than someone getting the package (has to do the reverse path, like I did). Going to other countries is typically rather expensive, and can take more time. Since most places have Blichmann BoilerMakers ship for free, it would be cheaper to get it direct, or from a vendor/reseller that offers the free shipping. I just checked and Rebel Brewer is still doing free shipping on the BoilerMaker kettles. So, for <$30 more than you wanted, he can get one to his door. Unless the shipping cost of yours will be less than the difference, it just doesn't make sense to do it (ship international).

Hopefully you can sell it to someone in your country/area. Or where shipping won't be a total grape. :eek:

See post #3.

Problem is, OP posted this to a forum where the vast majority of it's members can get this brand new for less than asking price, considerably less. The first post should have mentioned something about being located outside of the US, to avoid some confusion. If you have any hope of selling this to someone in the US, then you need to come WAY down on your price. Probably to about $250 if you then expect the buyer to cover the shipping.

See post #3.

Problem is, OP posted this to a forum where the vast majority of it's members can get this brand new for less than asking price, considerably less. The first post should have mentioned something about being located outside of the US, to avoid some confusion. If you have any hope of selling this to someone in the US, then you need to come WAY down on your price. Probably to about $250 if you then expect the buyer to cover the shipping.

Or figure out a way to get it shipped to the US for the total cost being below what they are available to us for new. Since you can get a brand new one, to your door (in the US) for under $330...

If the OP can't sell it to someone where shipping won't be so costly, then the price could be ok. Otherwise, I'd suggest just keeping it for now. If there's a homebrew club in the OP's area, perhaps joining to network with other brewers would be a good idea. Then see if any of them are interested in it, or know others that are interested in it. Worst case, put it up on ebay. But, you'll come up against the same issue, unless you sell it outside of the US.

Golddiggie said:
Or figure out a way to get it shipped to the US for the total cost being below what they are available to us for new. Since you can get a brand new one, to your door (in the US) for under $330...

If the OP can't sell it to someone where shipping won't be so costly, then the price could be ok. Otherwise, I'd suggest just keeping it for now. If there's a homebrew club in the OP's area, perhaps joining to network with other brewers would be a good idea. Then see if any of them are interested in it, or know others that are interested in it. Worst case, put it up on ebay. But, you'll come up against the same issue, unless you sell it outside of the US.

I understand all this, but that doesn't mean I'm going to put it in the attic and forget about it. It might be hard to sell, but I have a right to try. Anyone not interested in the kettle should not be posting.

I understand all this, but that doesn't mean I'm going to put it in the attic and forget about it. It might be hard to sell, but I have a right to try. Anyone not interested in the kettle should not be posting.

Make a new thread then... Instead of a 'Feeler' make it 'for sale'... I'm not saying to NOT sell it, I'm just saying that IF you want to sell to someone in the US you're going to have to do better than making them pay MORE than they can get it brand new.

Out.

Golddiggie said:
From what I was able to see (couldn't enter the info to go from Carbonear, Nl to the states, had to go the other way) shipping is going to be murder to get it to the US.

How much did it say?

Back