just recieved water proile!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennethm

Reaction score
I need someones opinion that has better sense then me.

ph 7.9
tds 112
sodium 2
potassium 1
cal 21
mag 8
total hardness 86
sul 2
chloride 3
carbonate 1
bicarbonate 44
total alkalinity 36

What can I do with this water and what treatments does it need?
All help is very appreciated.

Best thing to do is read the Primer stickie. Really informative and after the 2nd read you will have a better idea.

Where did that water come from??? Not much in it.

Great water. Add calcium to bring that level to at least 40 ppm (perferably 50 ppm) and go brew. The alkalinity is very low and well suited to beers with less color or crystal malts. The recommendations in the Water Primer are fairly appropriate for this water.

If darker beers are brewed, learning to dose the water with pickling lime will be a necessary skill. Having access to a precision scale will be a nessesity for dosing lime in brewing water. Bru'n Water has the tools for helping you figure your water amendments.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the advice from experianced brewers. My first batch on my newly finnished system was a Pecan Chocolate Porter. My friend that I brew with and I normaly add 5.2 buffer to the liquer forgot to this time... It came out ok but I used a pound of roasted pecans and I can't taste them at all, plus a slight bight left onthe tongue. I really wanted to know what the easest way to add salts for different styles. Thanks for your advise and i'll go check out brun water right now.

Back