Out of State Road Trip Beer Run Disaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
Went to Texas to pick up some beers I cant get in Oklahoma. Made it all the way back home, but when I started unloading the six pack holder gave way. At least 2 DogFishHead 60min made it out alive...

20120506_135643.jpg

That sucks. I guess I take the 100+ microbreweries and extensive beer shops around my area for granted. No man should have to travel outside of his city for a decent beer.

Damn man I know exactly how you feel, in Mississippi you CANNOT find beer over 5% abv, state law. There are no individual vendors that sell beer, all beer is bought from large brewing companies by the state and the same ones are sold in EVERY store. The sad thing is I'm so used to having great beer being from Florida and all, and no living here is NOT by choice, I have the good ole military to thank for that.

I'm in WV and I travel to KY to find dogfish head too. Sure is nice to know I'm not the only one who does that. Last time I cleaned out two stores of all dogfish and spent over $400. I told myself I needed more bottles anyway and dogfish are easy to remove.

The trip to Texas wasn't just to get beer. It was my cousins birthday. It was my first chance to try DFH 60min and 90min. In my opinion the 90min is great, but the 60min while a equally great beer it did not have the hop character I was expecting. I assume they forgot to hop that batch for 60min. Dont get me started on the price... I most likely will not be buying DFH in the future.

Sorry for the loss.. Utah is the worst for selection... My buddy from vegas did send me a gift though. It's a DFH 120. I haven't drank it yet.. Waiting for my clone to put up against it.. :mug:

i'm in OKC as well and did the same thing a week or so ago. went to dallas for something and stocked up a cooler to bring home. Got DFH 60 min too!! Luckily, I didn't have any disasters.

Back