anyone here play poker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about setting up a hold'em game on my web server. No computer players, just real people conected via the web.

It would give us something else to do while were sitting in front of the computers on Fri/Sat drinking homebrew and talking to each other.

Anyone interested? If so, I'll try to have everything up and running before the weekend.

-walker

Great idea Walker, I'd love to Old Bean but the time differences rule me out i'm sure.

well.. if I get the server set-up, anyone could connect to it at anytime. You UK folks could play together...

heck, on slow days at the office, I could even connect from here at work. :)

-walker

I'm having trouble finding a free software package to allow me to do this, which sucks. I'm still looking for something I can use. If you know of anything that comes with a linux server and clients for windows, please let me know.

Something written in Java for the client would be ideal, as you could use it on any machine (Mac, Linux, Windows.)

If all else fails, I can write my own software, but I'd rather not do that unless I absolutely have to.

-walker

i don't personally like Omaha. It's a game with a lot of sucking out since you can draw to so many different hands. Seems more a game of chance than skill to me, but I know a lot of people disagree with that, and that's fine. :)

As for stud... that one just never appealed to me. I don't know why.

-walker

it might just be easiest to all jump onto an existing on-line poker site, find an empty play-money table, and just go at there.

I play on pokerstars.net, but have no problem registering an account on another site if someone has a zealous preference for a different site.

what say ye?

-walker

Walker said:
what say ye?

-walker

Yah right. I'd be divorced. I spend enough money on my Jeep and brewing! :p

I love poker. I used to have a weekly game with my neighbors but they moved to Ohio. Played once since and lost 40 bucks after I drank a drink called a "mind-eraser". :drunk:

Back