Embedded Control Concepts (BCS-460) forum hacked? A warning...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefost

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew what the heck was going on with ECC. I tried to sign up to post a question on their forum a week ago. A half hour later, I was getting dozens of spam emails every minute (which were somehow getting past gmail's spam filter). In the middle of the spam emails I saw that a fraudulent order had been attempted to be placed through newegg, where I used the same email and password. I've tried to contact ECC twice but they aren't responding, and there has been no activity in their forum for a while now.

I just wanted to warn BCS users not to sign up for that forum, and to find out if anyone knows whats going on over there.

You should check your local system for any root-kits or key loggers.

There has been no indication of any issues with the forum. Activity on the forum is sometimes sporadic, so lack of posts for a few days means nothing. We've had a few other new users and we setup some test accounts and none have seen any spam activity.

Which account did you send messages to that did not receive a response?

You should check your local system for any root-kits or key loggers.

There has been no indication of any issues with the forum. Activity on the forum is sometimes sporadic, so lack of posts for a few days means nothing. We've had a few other new users and we setup some test accounts and none have seen any spam activity.

Which account did you send messages to that did not receive a response?

Thanks for getting back to me JonW, I had emailed [email protected] but never got responses. Looking more closely you are right on how sporadic posts on the forum are, someone responded today so the forum is apparently working.

If there's nothing wrong with the forum then you may be right about the keylogger. My computer is protected by kaspersky and its my work PC so there isn't anything questionable downloaded to it so I'm not sure how that could happen, but you never know. I'll update and re-scan to be safe.

Back