I can't believe it - Troegs' Nantucket Nectar 1/2 bbl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85 Haro Designs

Reaction score
My cousin and I were just enjoying a draft last weekend at a local watering hole. Well, I love the stuff and I just had to have it on tap. $ 215.00 dollars later I have a half on order for delivery this Friday.

The last keg locally for another year. Even the cases are hard to find now.

Anyone who wants one, come on over! I can't wait!

I think I just read somewhere that they still have some in the tanks, actually. I could be very wrong, though. I'll confirm that this week.

It's nearly impossible to find any cases left and this was literally the last keg at the distributors so I feel fortunate. They sell drafts at the bar for like $ 6.50 EACH.

Hey, you are allowed to splurge every once and awhile.

I'm so excited!

FWIW, I just saw 4 cases of Nugget Nectar @ my local distro if any eastern PA peeps are having a hard time finding the remaining stock.

Soulive said:
Congrats! I've got 2 cases stockpiled and I have had 3 bottles this year. Its as good as ever...

I'd be more than willing to trade for some of that Ben. I love all of Troeg's beers, unfortunately we can't get them down here:(

I had made a kit from more beer called fire in the hole and had it kegged. A relative visited with a growler of the nectar and they tasted almost identical.:mug:

Troegs is slowly becoming one of my favorite locals. This is by far one of the best in their line up. THis has the flavor you would expect from the hop back ale, it is supposed to be the imperial version of the recipe.

Personally I have 12 left, but saw a few more in the local, I just may grab another case.

phewey said:
I had made a kit from more beer called fire in the hole and had it kegged. A relative visited with a growler of the nectar and they tasted almost identical.:mug:

Interesting considering the rather extensive recipe differences...

brewt00l said:
Interesting considering the rather extensive recipe differences...
True. Maybe it had something to do with it being my first all grain and having a hardware malfunction and adding some LME to hit final gravity. I guess I'll have to go and try it again.

That's awesome. This is one of the top IPAs that I have not tried yet. I'm actually surprised we don't see Troegs up in New England at all as we see a decent amount of the NY/PA stuff here.

Most interesting 1/6 bbl I've seen is Southern Tier Java..but a 1/2 of a delicious IPA? Damn, you're going to be in Hog Heaven for a while. Hopefully I can rig up my own kergerator setup some day.

Back