Can you cap on twist off bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-Baron

Reaction score
I want to try and trick my friends with my homebrew, and tell them its something else.

Can it be done?

i do it all the time. i have a bench capper though, i have never used the wing style before.

Wing style with screw caps is fine. Though they always made me nervous for some reason and I'd drink those ones first.

So what bottle are you going to use and what are you going to put in it?

I often re-cap a partial beer by twisting the cap back on it. I don't know why you couldn't fill a bottle with homebrew and then twist the cap on it to seal.

I've also heard of people using a bench capper on twist offs, but the problem is that it can crush the threads, and anyway, you are capping with a pryoff cap, so they are not going to be fooled.

Plus, what brand of beer are you refilling and what style of beer are you brewing?? it should not be hard to notice a difference in taste IMO.

Sorry for the late reply.

I made a Corona Copy. And I was planning to refill an empty 6-pack of corona and then opening them for my friends and handing it over to them.

I just want to see if I can fool them.

Tricking your friends, eh??

634032971737091200-Illgetyoubeerbaron.jpg

Sorry for the late reply.

I made a Corona Copy. And I was planning to refill an empty 6-pack of corona and then opening them for my friends and handing it over to them.

I just want to see if I can fool them.

Aren't corona bottles pop top? I always thougth they were, but it's been a long time since I've had one...

Well Corona is the first one I'm going to try and trick them with. And they are pop top.

But I was just wonder for the future. I plan to fill from my keg, so no yeast at the bottom.

Back