So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, here it is I think: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/green-flash-west-coast-ipa-jamil-show-171700/. I've been looking at this one (don't get it here in the waste lands of NY). About 7.5 ounces of Hops for 6 gallons, wow. The only thing I don't like is that this will eat into my precious stockpile of Simcoe and Amarillo. (I've got bunches of Columbus and about 10 POUNDS of cascade :ban:, so I can use them like they were water.)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yea thats the same recipe I used, except I added 1/2 lb of Special B for an 8 gal batch for a little more color and caramel flavor.

Brewing the White House honey ale on Sunday, along with a honey/orange mead. Moving one of the IPA's to cold crashing tonight so hopefully i can bottle that up while waiting on the water to boil.

#1 was Mr. Beer kit a couple of years ago. Sparked my interest (as it seems from reading the threads Mr. Beer did the same for a lot of people)

First time with "big-boy" equipment this weekend, going with Northern Brewer IRISH RED ALE

Sorry I can not quote all the specifics yet, but I will do my best.

OG: 1.040
Danstar Nottingham Yeast

My first double brew weekend! Red ale tomorrow, pumpkin ale on Sunday. And yes I know I'm starting my pumpkin late.

Just finished brewing Tallgrass Oasis. OG right where it should be even though I did an extra 1/2 gallon. Can't wait. I really like the hop additions and the 20 minute stand at the end. The 1450 yeast starter should kick in soon.
Next up, either another Two Hearted or Hop Head IPA. Hey, fall is here, what else should you be doing besides homebrewing and football?

I plan on doing another Arrogant Bastard brew this weekend followed up with my first attempt at an Old Chub clone. Weather is perfect for it.

I spent the last few days of "brewing time" building and modifying equipment to dial in temperature control and will be brewing a batch of Old Ale. Should be ready for Christmas.

Brewing Norther Brewers Pumpkin kit and Black IPA; hoping to surprise the folks for Thanksgiving and Christmas

My Pumkin Ale wort is boiling right now. My home smells delicious. I cant even wait. This will be my second brew. Hoping my first was partial skill, not entirely this rumored "brewers beginners luck."

Doing my first SMaSH recipe with Maris Otter and CTZ, very excited about how this will taste. All hops will be late additions

boxofjibboo said:
Doing my first SMaSH recipe with Maris Otter and CTZ, very excited about how this will taste. All hops will be late additions

I've done one ounce at 60, 10, 5, and flameout. Fantastic. What is your hop schedule?

I will be doing my first attempt at a Berliner weisse beer. 3 lbs 2 row 4 lbs wheat 6 oz acidulated malt. Boil 15 mins with .25 oz of centennial for 10 ibu' s with white labe Berliner weisse yeast.

whos got two thumbs and is brewing this weekend? this guy! Texas Blonde from AHS is next on the list. Ordering three more batches of various styles next paycheck :tank:

Hopefully a Dead Guy Ale, I got some fresh wyeast pacman, instead of some dregs which i failed on last year

I'm going to be brewing my Cherry Wheat for sure, and I'd really like to get my SNPA clone in. We'll see if time allows... And since its easy, I'll probably throw in another batch of Caramel Apple Cider for my wife.

Plus I'm bottling 1 or 2 batches. Great brewing weekend ahead of me...

I'm doing the Southern Tier Pumking clone from this site. It'll be my first rainy brew session.

I'm about to take first runnings and sparge an IPA. Mash temp was a bit low, but if my IPA is a littler drier I'll live. RDWHAH right?

Cheers everyone, have a good weekend!

About to start partial mash for a pumpkin ale. My second home brew ever. Here's to it!

Back