Mounting T Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppocrates

Reaction score
I am building a bar at home and would like to mount a 5 Faucet T Tower into the rear bar top. My plan is to put the chest freezer on the other side of the wall, drill a hole through the wall and then run the lines from the freezer, through the wall, to the tower.

My question is this: Since I do not need a collar for taps, do I just drill a hole in the top of the freezer to run the lines out? What should I insulate it with? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I'm curious how long a run you have from the freezer to the faucets. Aren't you going to have to try to keep the lines cool too?
As far as the hole in the freezer? I would assume that you can make it as small as possible and get some of that expanding insulation in a can?

Hmmmm, good point... I think the lines would be perhaps 5 feet. I forgot about keeping the lines cool. How do I do that?

Oh my gosh, not knowing exactly what u have going on its hard to say! Can u run the hoses in a piece of plastic tubing, or flexible tubing to where ever you r installing the taps? Fasten the flex tubing to the top of the freezer over the hole u r going to drill, perhaps with a small fan directing the cold freezer air up into the tube? Sorry man, I really don't know

For a short and fairly straight run some PVC and flex duct with a couple muffin fans to circulate air might work. For longer or more convoluted runs you'll probably need to build a trunk with cooling lines and add a pump to circulate coolant.

Water pipe insulation fountain pump in small sealed bucket with RV antifreeze through small hose should keep tower and lines cool enough. Depending on ambient temperature may want to put the whole line set itself inside insulated dryer vent.

Back