IIPA Recipe; thoughts, critiques, etc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadChaney

Reaction score
So here is what I have to work with, and I am a partial extract brewer (for a little longer). Shooting for something along the lines of DF Head 90, as a base reference, maybe some more hops.

6lbs Briess Golden LT DME
3lbs Briess Pilsen Lt DME
3lbs Carmel 60L steep
2lbs Dingemans Aromatic Strong Malt 20L steep

3oz Warrior pellets 17.2AAU
3oz Falconers Flight 10.5 AAU
3oz Amarillo 8.2AAU
3oz Warrior leaf 5.7AAU

Pacman Yeast

So, I am thinking a 90 minute boil with some modification of the constant hop addition, but I also want to due a nice blast of hops shortly after flame-out. Thinking of mixing all the hops and maybe adding to the boil 5 separate times, and then the burst at the end. I do not need to use all the hops either, where I get my supplies had limited quantities of these, so I grabbed them all, lol. Please, any suggestions, comments, etc are welcome, this is my first attempt at this style so bring on the advice!

Forgot to mention, instead of trying to cram this all into my small 3 gal kettle, I was thinking of actually using 2 kettles and splitting everything exactly, making 2 identical batches at the same time, and then combining in the fermentor, hoping to keep all the hop utilization.

Back