MoreBeer.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maveric777

Reaction score
Well, I been looking around HBT for a couple of weeks now, and keep hearing good things about MoreBeer.com. Well, I compared prices to the raping I received here locally and found I can save close to $20 bucks a batch by using their services. I was tickled to death about that part of the deal, but before I made an order today I called to ask a question about liquid yeast.

To make a long story short the "Awesome" lady on the horn for MoreBeer.com was incredibly knowledgeable, and helpful. I got to say that was about the best customer service I have ever received over the phone like this.

I am sure there are other threads about this topic, but I just wanted to say out loud (for myself) how tickled I am with them so far. These folks have my business for now on.

What do yall think of them?

Never talked with them on the phone, but have placed two orders in the past month or so. The product I've received has been of very good quality, and shipping to Chico from Concord is damn near free and very fast. For ingredients, I still visit the LHBS...but for equipment I think MoreBeer has a loyal customer in me. If I ever get a barley crusher, I'm going to use MoreBeer for bulk grains for sure. I can get a 50# bag of GW 2-row shipped here for about $0.95/lb. That's cheap enough to make me do 3 back to back 10 gallon SMaSH brews :D.

I buy everything at Morebeer so far... they have great prices and thier FREE shipping is great, as long as you read the disclaimer about the shipping time. I have spent probably $500 there this year and never had an incorrect order. I am pleased with them.

Id like to say that I have talked to them, but I have never had an issue with them in two years of ordering, so I have never called.

Not only is their product good, but they have some of the best customer service of any company I have dealt with, ever.

Never talked with them on the phone, but have placed two orders in the past month or so. The product I've received has been of very good quality, and shipping to Chico from Concord is damn near free and very fast. For ingredients, I still visit the LHBS...but for equipment I think MoreBeer has a loyal customer in me. If I ever get a barley crusher, I'm going to use MoreBeer for bulk grains for sure. I can get a 50# bag of GW 2-row shipped here for about $0.95/lb. That's cheap enough to make me do 3 back to back 10 gallon SMaSH brews :D.

let me know when you want grain. Shawn @ northstar gives me a KILLER price on grain @ $25 a 50# bag of both 2 row and pale ale malt. It might be worth the trip every couple of months, We can make a brewday out of it.
Cheers
JJ

let me know when you want grain. Shawn @ northstar gives me a KILLER price on grain @ $25 a 50# bag of both 2 row and pale ale malt. It might be worth the trip every couple of months, We can make a brewday out of it.
Cheers
JJ

Absolutely, that's a great price...and Caspio would be in as well. We were just talking about putting an order in together...I think he wants to pick up 5-6 bags at least. I'm down for 2-3, maybe one each of 2-row and pale. I'll chat Caspio up and get in touch with you when we figure it out.

I am very satisfied with their products, and the customer service dept is excellent. I screwed up an order, and got to them before it shipped, and they fixed it.
The free shipping is also worth it. I had placed an order on wed, and had it the next tues. Not bad for cross country for free.

I buy ALL my supplies from Morebeer. I always spend a minimum of $59 to get their free shipping and it still gets to me overnight! They are great to do business with.

I had a minor problem with a better bottle that got dinged up during shipping, and got it replace with no problems. Makes me a more loyal customer -- that's for sure!

Never had to call Morebeer (in fact, the only place I've actually had an issue with, and made calls to, was Kegkits.com -and my problem had nothing to do with the quality of the product, but shipping issues -they need to hire more help, but the economy isn't conducive to that sort of thing right now (and I understand that)).
I'd have to say my favorite, though, has been Austin Homebrew, and probably Northern would be second.
I'm talking with my LHBS about bulk grain orders right now -as there aren't many options locally to get that, and #55 of grain can get pricey to ship (negating the lower cost of getting bulk).

Back