Bostonians current and past

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouT

Can't wait to go AG...
Reaction score
Around here the Drop Kick Murphys are on the radio a LOT. I know they're a local band, and I like them a lot, just curious if this is just a local thing or if they're getting air play in other geographies (starting to become more of a national act?).

Having lived away from here from 92-06, I have to say I don't remember hearing many Boston bands elsewhere until they had become huge national acts. So what's the deale with the DKMs?

I love the Dropckicks! I've got XM, and I never hear it. They never play it on the radio in LA either. I've got most of their CD's to make up for it....;)

I don't hear them on Sirius, either, which I spend tons of time listening to since I drive a lot for work -- that's part of the reason I wonder if they're ever on radio outside of MA/New England...

I know lots of folks that are into them in the NYC/NJ/Phila region.

Saw 'em one St. Patricks at the Birch hill in NJ...talk about crazy ish.

Yeah, they are definitely a great band to see on St. Patty's day. We almost saw them on St. Patty's in Boston a couple years back but it was too much of a zoo so we went elsewhere.

I don't think I've ever heard them on the radio here in Chicago, but I don't listen to music on the radio very often. I have listened to them before and think some of their stuff is quite good.

Drop Kick murphys rules. i only heard of them after being at some Irish bar on Spring Break in Corpus Christi, I want to see them live sometime though.

Now that the Sox are in the World Series, it'll be some drop kicks music time for sure!
Crank it all you Bostonians! :rockin: :mug: :rockin:

ALCS Game 7 Fenway Park

dropkick.jpg

Back