What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NordeastBrewer77 said:
Both are very nice music, when you're in the mood.

Today I brewed to Opeth, then listened to some good ol' Muddy Waters (Electric Mudd) and then I listened to an old Jerry Garcia/David Grisman recording, The Pizza Tapes. Now I'm back to the heavy $hit while I drink a few brews, my Loco Lizard playlist (Meshuggah and Gojira) on my iPod. Age shouldn't limit one's taste in music, only one's mood should do that. :mug:

Props for listening to grisman! I'm a big fan (I have most of the dgq stuff, but I really really like the live album with stephane grapelli)

In my car listening to crystal skull by mastodon.

I suppose I should go inside to work ...

Props for listening to grisman! I'm a big fan (I have most of the dgq stuff, but I really really like the live album with stephane grapelli)

In my car listening to crystal skull by mastodon.

I suppose I should go inside to work ...

Check out The Pizza Tapes if you haven't already. Now, I'm a little partial to ol' Jerry, but I think it may be some of Grisman's best work. The story behind the recording is that he and Jerry were jamming over a few casual hangout sessions, and at one of those they ordered a 'za. They invited the delivery guy in to hang out with them and he swiped a reel or something. S'posedly it was a bootleg before actually being release officially.
Not sure if any of that's true or not, but it's a neat story. :mug:

I'm also listening to Mastodon at the moment, "Call of the Mastodon" album. :rockin:

Ill check it out for sure. I have a few recordings of Garcia and grisman together already (old and in the way, and something with kids songs on it)

You know I am rarely listening to music when I come across this thread each day, but it's a good reminder that I should be listening to some music. Especially on a Friday!

Cheers, Dawn!!

Jim white - Transnormal Skipperoo

Because Joanna Newsome is too much for my girlfriend

I was just out of the Air Force in 1969, this was one of my favorite bands, very few on here will remember them. Once in a while I like going back in time, hearing what I was listening to, while doing what ever it was I was doing then (if you remember the 60's, you weren't there) Read some of the comments on there, funny stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
CBXBob said:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Bnl8PjES8&feature=related I was just out of the Air Force in 1969, this was one of my favorite bands, very few on here will remember them. Once in a while I like going back in time, hearing what I was listening to, while doing what ever it was I was doing then (if you remember the 60's, you weren't there) Read some of the comments on there, funny stuff!

I love it and I was born in '72. You guys growing up in the 50's and 60's had it good from what I can tell;)

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_e17GJ_Ao&feature=related[/ame] This one actually gives me chills listening to it, I must have been doing something "fun" while listening to it "back then"
I think even the younger crowd on here will like it, at least not hate it;)

I love it and I was born in '72. You guys growing up in the 50's and 60's had it good from what I can tell;)

I think my oldest son was concieved listening to some of this music ("71):D
They were good times, but we had problems then too (Vietnam, Nixon, etc.)

CBXBob said:
I think my oldest son was concieved listening to some of this music ("71):D
They were good times, but we had problems then too (Vietnam, Nixon, etc.)

You certainly did have some tough times (no disrespect intended).

I just think it's awesome how a song can transport a person to the past. There is music I won't listen to and music I cannot be without because of memories. It's pretty powerful stuff! Cheers!

Listening to some Danzig (Twist of Cain) while winding down from a long 14 hour day at work. I think I might turn on some Misfits, or Samhain after I finish this one.

Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy on psychedelic vinyl I picked up while stationed in Germany in the 80's.

Mudvayne- Death Blooms, listened to some Drowning Pool Earlier. Next is Lamb Of God's Sacrament album.

The Phish shows from this past weekend at Alpine Valley..... can't seem to stop. We camped the weekend down there, lawned both shows, shared some great homebrew with some other brewers who were there and saw two amazing nights of music. :tank:

Latest posts

Back