Need Help Brewing First Timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish1984

Reaction score
CURRENTLY OUT IN IRAQ ON TOUR AND NEED HELP MAKING A BREW I HAVE LIMITED SUPPLIES WHAT I CAN GET IS BOTTLES, FRUIT, SUGAR AND BREAD AS MY YEAST CAN I MAKE A BREW AND HOW WOULD I DO IT . WOULD APPREICIATE A TECHNIGUE WITH TIMINGS AND MEASUREMENTS AND HOW TO MAKE AN AIR LOCK. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME NEED ALCOHOL. TOTALLY DRY OUT HERE :mug:

Its against the rules to have alcohol over there. Not to mention its going to taste horrible with the ingredients you mentioned.

Just do what I did. Make friends with the British/Aussie guys. They seem to have an endless supply of beer and liquor.

Radarbrew said:
I'd have to agree. Not only can you get in some deep s**t, but being over there in deep s**t would be worse. Also, look up the contractors (heavily armed, scruffy looking Americans) perhaps they can help.

I wish, we never got to carry weapons

If you can get honey, try a quick mead:
http://www.gotmead.com/component/option,com_pccookbook/page,viewrecipe/cat_id,69/recipe_id,118/

I am sure you can get the ingredients locally.

For an airlock, use a blowoff tube - a hose from the jug to a low-lying bowl filled with water, keeping the hose tip submerged in the water.

Taste it in 3 weeks...it will likely be too sweet, but it will definitely be alcoholic...a lot alcoholic. If you can hold off, wait for the full 2 months. Better yet, have multiple batches going at the same time.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers!

BrewStef

Most English 'country wines' are made with fruit juice and sugar. Look for recipes for this on the internet, there's thousands.

irish1984 said:
CURRENTLY OUT IN IRAQ ON TOUR AND NEED HELP MAKING A BREW I HAVE LIMITED SUPPLIES WHAT I CAN GET IS BOTTLES, FRUIT, SUGAR AND BREAD AS MY YEAST CAN I MAKE A BREW AND HOW WOULD I DO IT . WOULD APPREICIATE A TECHNIGUE WITH TIMINGS AND MEASUREMENTS AND HOW TO MAKE AN AIR LOCK. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME NEED ALCOHOL. TOTALLY DRY OUT HERE :mug:

I THINK IT MIGHT BE A KID WHO CAN'T GET BOOZE RATHER THAN A DUDE IN IRAQ I MEAN WHY WOULD AN INTELLECTUALLY MATURE PERSON TYPE ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS AND WITH SUCH BAD GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION?!?!

Shambolic said:
I THINK IT MIGHT BE A KID WHO CAN'T GET BOOZE RATHER THAN A DUDE IN IRAQ I MEAN WHY WOULD AN INTELLECTUALLY MATURE PERSON TYPE ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS AND WITH SUCH BAD GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION?!?!

lol.......

Shambolic said:

You would be surprised how many people still are not adept using a computer/typing. Besides, ANYONE can get alcohol in the states easily. Seriously...

Back