RIP Movie Voice Guy aka Don LaFontaine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stever

Reaction score
Don LaFontaine, one of the most recognizable voices in movie and television passed away yesterday, movie trailers and tv promos will never be the same.

This guy was good

RIP Don
[youtube]7QPMvj_xejg[/youtube]

Awesome guy & voice. He will be missed, but you won't know why since he's been invisible all these years.

It's always sad and a bit sobering when something that has been part of your surroundings forever suddenly goes away.

I put Don LaFontaine and others like Tim Russert into the category of everyday "Furniture" celebrities. They're always present, but you never really take a lot of notice until that piece of furniture is removed from the room. Suddenly, the room seems emptier.

Over the years, I had several opportunities to record Don. Even though I knew exactly what to expect, it was always startling to open the microphone and hear "The Voice" come booming through my speakers. He was the very best at what he did, and he'll be greatly missed in this town.

Latest posts

Back