Used my new wort chiller today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
Chilled 5 gallons in a little over 5 minutes! 50 foot immersion make with 3/8'' copper tubing. Bend it around a corny keg to shape it, with a spring bender. I was going to order the 50' roll and make a 25' chiller for myself and sell another 25' on ebay. But then I though "Na **** it 50' chiller would be sweeet. And it is.:rockin:

Im guessing the ground water in Texas is warmer than up here but I could be wrong.

Not to mention it summer and it will probably be faster when its colder in the winter!

So does your chiller sit above your wort level? My 50' chiller I made bent around a corny sits at about the wort level of my 10 gallon batches in a keggle.

Fits perfectly submerged. The bends for the "in" and "out" bend up over the edge but the highest coil sits right below the wort. Yours is probably more stretched out than mine. Ill see if I can dig up the camera tomorrow. I am quite proud of her!

Back