World Beer Fest Raleigh, NC 4/26/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
capntang said:
No problem!

Their AAA rates were just as cheap as the pay-in-advance rates as well, and all of their rates were cheaper than the group rate at the Sheraton. I tend to go for the cheapest decent hotel possible. You only sleep there after all, and somehow I think it's likely I won't even remember sleeping there after the Beerfest! :D

We're booked... great room price.

According to the website all brick and mortars are out of tix. A quick scan of craigs indicates all WTB.

Unless someone has an idea, I'm going to have to back out of this one.

I have the time off, so perhaps I'll take another beer related adventure.

Help!

olllllo said:
According to the website all brick and mortars are out of tix. A quick scan of craigs indicates all WTB.

Unless someone has an idea, I'm going to have to back out of this one.

I have the time off, so perhaps I'll take another beer related adventure.

Help!

It figures that this is the first time that we didn't get extra tickets. Good luck and hope to see you there.

Dude said:
Hey, has anyone gotten a hold of Focus and family yet? ;)

Thanks for the shout-out and apologies for not comming up voice prior to now.

I won't be attending b/c of work. And by "work" think lots of sand and three beers ration a day.

SWMBO elected not to go on account of she's holding down the fort at home, working her full-time job, raising a 2 yr old, and trying like hell to sell our house so we can move this fall. She's a little taxed.

I'll be eagerly monitoring this thread for all the details...

Focus

PS: Boston, if you recall, we were trying to go to Cape Cod during the last fest. Well, I got a job there and we're on our way!

Focus said:
Thanks for the shout-out and apologies for not comming up voice prior to now.

I won't be attending b/c of work. And by "work" think lots of sand and three beers ration a day.

SWMBO elected not to go on account of she's holding down the fort at home, working her full-time job, raising a 2 yr old, and trying like hell to sell our house so we can move this fall. She's a little taxed.

I'll be eagerly monitoring this thread for all the details...

Focus

PS: Boston, if you recall, we were trying to go to Cape Cod during the last fest. Well, I got a job there and we're on our way!

Congrats to you both! Sorry you won't be attending... especially since your session last time got cut a little short. :cross:

Baron von BeeGee said:
I'll check with some buddies of mine this weekend and see if they bought any extras...if I can find one, it's yours.

Any luck on this?

If I don't hear any good news by Monday, I'm going to have to plan a different trip.

I mean, I have clearance for a beercation. I can't let it go to waste.

olllllo said:
Any luck on this?

If I don't hear any good news by Monday, I'm going to have to plan a different trip.

Sorry, man. I didn't turn anything up and sorry for not getting back sooner...was out of town the first of the week and didn't get logged on.

Edit: I'll keep checking, but I think it's a tough ticket to get this year..

olllllo said:
Any luck on this?

I might have an extra ticket, but I won't really know for sure until the weekend. I have very non-committal friends, it seems. I'll let you know.

There are also occasional posts on Craigslist in Raleigh for face-value or near-face-value tickets. Of course, there's also that one guy asking for $80 a ticket to pay his taxes. :confused:

capntang said:
I might have an extra ticket, but I won't really know for sure until the weekend. I have very non-committal friends, it seems. I'll let you know.

There are also occasional posts on Craigslist in Raleigh for face-value or near-face-value tickets. Of course, there's also that one guy asking for $80 a ticket to pay his taxes. :confused:

Is it the 12-4?

I hope it'll work out.

How much was face value?

Yes, they're for the 12-4 session.

Face value for the online tickets is $42.50 - $40 for the ticket, and $2.50 for a service charge (of course).

I have my tickets, but I need a pair for a couple who is joining us (evening session). We live in Myrtle Beach, we can pay cash when we get there, or if you have some kind of paypal we can work it that way. ~Thank You~ :mug:

Guys, I totally dropped the ball here.

I did not make it to MacGregor in time to get my ticket, PLUS I was supposed to pick up a ticket for Richard.

If anyone has extras, please let me know.

This sucks....

olllllo, I'm going to make a few calls this afternoon or tomorrow and demand a definite yes-or-no from some of these slackers. I'll let you know by the end of the weekend.

Walker-san, I might end up with two extras. olllllo gets one of them, but I'll let you know if I have another.

If demand is any indication, it sounds as if this should be more than worth the trip up there!

Walker-san said:
Guys, I totally dropped the ball here.

I did not make it to MacGregor in time to get my ticket, PLUS I was supposed to pick up a ticket for Richard.

If anyone has extras, please let me know.

This sucks....

WTF? You bought Barry Manilow tickets instead, didn't you?

Hah!

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tix/638593506.html

Beer Fest Tickets !!Got Lube ???? - $5 (Raleigh )

Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-04-11, 1:05PM EDT

as many of you are trying to f*ck your fellow beer drinkers, ill be buying my ticket day of the event for less then face value at the gate (like last year) ....so should you if your still in need of a ticket , they had plenty at the door last year and the year befor , just a thought , concerned Beer drinker

$65-120 for a $40 ticket hmmm what a deal

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 638593506

He's got a point there as some of the folks selling tickets really are nuts.

Like the aforementioned "tax money" guy who bought tickets and was apparently hit by a surprise tax bill. I wonder whether he'll claim the income he makes on the sale of those tickets?

capntang said:
He's got a point there as some of the folks selling tickets really are nuts.

His point is slightly nullifued by the fact that the afternoon session did not sell out last year or the year before. :)

I am currently securing a ticket from capntang.

Woo hoo !

I believe that I will be taking the red-eye into Raleigh and arriving Saturday AM. I'll be leaving on Sunday as late in the day as possible. I'll post by flight info later.

I need to see if it makes sense to rent a car or cab it, place to stay, etc.

And olllllo should now have a ticket in-hand!

Walker-san said:
His point is slightly nullifued by the fact that the afternoon session did not sell out last year or the year before. :)

Yep. Your point is better. :D

Baron von BeeGee said:
Bummer. I have to fly to Sweden on Sunday...that's going to seriously curtail my "enthusiasm" on Saturday!

Unless you are actually flying the plane, I dont think this is a valid excuse.

Is there going to be a meeting place/time set so I can say hi to all you jokers?

For anyone still looking for tix, get off your @$$es. We started looking on thursday and since then have payed a total of $20 over face value for 9 tickets

hope to see you all there
-joe

Yeah, where should we meet up? And is there some thought of doing something -- dinner perhaps -- after the session?

Chad

Ok. I'm booked into Raleigh and will arrive @9AM on a couple of hours rest.
I'll be leaving out of Raleigh @5:20PM on Sunday.

What is the meetup location?
Afterparty?

Can we get a roll call and someone to collect cell#'s

I'm hinging my hotel on the afterparty situation... so I need some early info.

I'm new here, but will be there. It'll be my ummmmm 5th or 6th fest.

I'll be wearing one of my UtiliKilts or my blue plaid tartan. If you see a guy in a kilt, just say "hey, are you nathan from homebrewtalk.com?" and if it's not me, it's beerfest so the person won't mind at all. Usually there are about 3 kilters at a fest.

I was pictured in one of the papers at the last Durham one with my brown utilikilt on and my infant son strapped to my chest (so's I couldn't lose him).

Short dark brown hair, kilt, big nose... Should be without child this time, possibly with wife.

joebou4860 said:
For anyone still looking for tix, get off your @$$es. We started looking on thursday and since then have payed a total of $20 over face value for 9 tickets

I am looking for tickets, but I am wondering if my bad luck finding them is because you are buying all of the ones out there. :)

I've responded to a half dozen Craigslist postings and either get no response, or a response that the tix are already gone.

Still trying....

I combed the thread and here is a list of folks that I think are going:

Boston
Professor Frink
Beerthoven
joebou4860
Walker-san
Nate
olllllo
Baron von BeeGee
capntang
9/9
Chad
skeeordye11
Trencher
nathan

Can we set up a meet-up? Arrange a brawl with any greenboard guys?

I've tried arranging meetups, and have found if you are going to do it, make it at least an hour into the event. Until then everyone is running around like wild-eyed children in a candy factory and still adjusting to the fact that there is a virtually limitless supply of FREE and good quality beer all around them just waiting for them to hand over a cup to be filled.

Or maybe that's just me. :)

I'll be in the kilt.

olllllo said:
I combed the thread and here is a list of folks that I think are going:

Boston
Professor Frink
Beerthoven
joebou4860
Walker-san
Nate
olllllo
Baron von BeeGee
capntang
9/9
Chad
skeeordye11
Trencher
nathan

Can we set up a meet-up? Arrange a brawl with any greenboard guys?

We aren't going to this one, but hope to make it to the one in the fall.

Hope all of you have a great time, though!

The “Salute to Our Troops” organization and the North Carolina Bankers Association Foundation request your presence at the largest Military Appreciation event of its type ever held in North Carolina. It is entitled “Salute to Our Troops” and is focused on the military and their families based in North Carolina. The salute begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, April 26, on Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh with a flyover of four F-15E Strike Eagle jets followed by a full military parade complete with troops marching, bands playing, floats and probably the largest mobile collection of modern military equipment compiled in more than fifty years. All branches of the military will participate. Following the parade, there will be static displays of the parade equipment plus many more items that the military uses in the performance of their jobs. Several NASCAR show cars will also be on display. The North Carolina Pork Council will be providing samples of cooked pork tenderloin to the public at no charge. We want to make sure that there are as many people as possible showing appreciation. Your help and support is most appreciated. The link below contains a flyer and we ask that you make copies and distribute to as many people as possible!!
http://www.ncba.com/uploads/File/TroopsFlyer.pdf

Please join us in a massive show of APPRECIATION FOR OUR MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES. Downtown Raleigh at 10:00 am on April 26, 2008. For more information please visit www.SaluteOurNCTroops.org.

olllllo said:
I'm all about maximizing my time!
I might even have enough time to do a Brewery tour of some sort on Sunday if such a thing is possible.

Sounds like fun but unfortunately the wife has a conference in VA Beach on Sunday. We're up for whatever Saturday night though. I should add that all this is contingent upon not getting too wasted at the festival (like last year).

:drunk:

Back