Anybody in Helsinki?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podz

Reaction score
I'd like to meet up with some fellow winemakers or beer brewers.

Hi there,

Didn't expect to find any other Helsinki folks here! I just joined and have my first homemade wine batch (black currant) fermenting in the corner right now. Seems you have done this a time or two and could give some advice over some pints. I know another Canadian homebrewer here who might be interested also, let's speak further.

Cheers,
Steve

I just came here to post the exact same subject.

I am a homebrewer from Brazil and living in Finland now.

In Brazil I had a 3 vessel(Keggles) 50 liter direct fire system in which I brew about 25 batches in 1 year, so I am somehow experienced.

In Brazil the Homebrewing community is very open and gathers together every time for what we call masses(drinking session of each others beers) and also for open invitation brews.

I came here and had no success to find a Finnish HB community as its forum is locked for foreigners.

But I really miss the homebrewing action and would love to get together with some fellow homebrewers in the Helsinki Area for brewing together and also tasting each others beers.

I just brewed my first batch here with LME, loads of citra hops and using a small water boiler I bought from Germany.

I am leaving my email here to ease the contact with anyone interested in some company for some homebrewing action.

[email protected]

I work during the day but I have free time every night and also during the weekends.

I've sent you both PMs to see if you want to arrange something. And Steve could you include me on this one?

I came here and had no success to find a Finnish HB community as its forum is locked for foreigners.

Note that it is not locked for foreigners, it is just a finnish language forum. Therefore, the requirement to participate is that you communicate in finnish language. It is a fairly low-volume forum, though.

I wish it had a english section.

I was really looking at it just for finding people interested to meet up, luckily I found it here.

Well, I sent Steve a pm but never heard back from him. Anyway, sounds like you and I could get together for some fermentation activities.

Back