Cut-Throat Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CplHunter

Reaction score
Fooling around with PhotoShop... :drunk:

Originally had the Pirate as the main picture on the label, but then thought it'd make a better brewery logo, and I should put a "beer logo" as the main picture depending on what's in the bottle...

Gov't warning is there just for kicks! Still not done with it, but it's late and as you can see, I need to bottle tomorrow (today?)!

Update: Bottled...and it tastes good. Man...first time bottling. Now I can see why everyone loves kegging (including me!) Label now reflects the "final" version.

CTB-LBWA-small.jpg

I think it's awesome... I love the colors. I like the tag line, "consume at thy own risk".

But the name "Long Brutal Winter" doesn't exactly sound "festive" to me. :eek:

And someone here has a FAKE surgeon general's warning that talks about how women should not consume alcoholic beverages due to the risk of panty loss or somesuch thing. It's pretty awesome. Just a thought.

Anyway, the graphics are great and I love the information on the left- the return to the brewer, and the pouring instructions. Good job.

That's awesome!

How are you going to be printing it? Laser or inkjet? Is a color laser printing waterproof? I noticed the labels I printed on my Canon Pixma inkjet aren't waterproof, and I assume that they're going to run some once subjected to some condensation.

Matt

ma2brew said:
That's awesome!

How are you going to be printing it? Laser or inkjet? Is a color laser printing waterproof? I noticed the labels I printed on my Canon Pixma inkjet aren't waterproof, and I assume that they're going to run some once subjected to some condensation.

Matt
Try air lacquer spray to fix this.

Thanks for the feedback (and the compliments), everyone!

Sir Humps, I have taken your advice and rewritten the description to sound a little...darker. I also put some comedic relief into the Gov't Warning.

Matt, I haven't decided on how to print yet. It will have to be inkjet, as my laser is B/W. I've heard of the method that orfy mentioned...might try that.

Nice job - I can't really find anything to critique...and I'm a critical SOB! The instructions and glassware suggestion are great, and they don't take anything away from the overall design. Well done!

I use an inkjet to print my labels, and I spray them with a coat of water based polyurethane before applying them. The ink stays put.

Here's a link to a label with a fake gov't warning:
https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/4688-hoppindoglabel.jpg

Very nice and clean label. It has enough style to be unique, but is done in a tasteful way. I'd be proud of that label if I made it, and I'm damn critical myself. ;)

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

I just hope the beer survives the rookie bottling attempt!

I love the old paper effect, must look great against brown bottles. All the beer info is nicely laid out, too (especially using the picture of the pint glass... I love it when beers have that). Nice job!

Latest posts

Back