Another question for all of you...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkidwell83

Reaction score
What is the most expensive bottle of beer you have ever purchased? How much did it cost and what was it? Also, what was your reason for buying it? I know that more than one question, but it will be interesting to see the responses.:mug:

Terrible and Chimay, about 10-12 bucks for a big bottle, I think they are 22 ouncers. I bought some nice beers in Belgium and the netherlands, but they were way cheaper than over here.

A local Store is asking $10 for 12oz of Skullsplitter... But the most expensive I have purchased recently was Quelque Chose which was almost $12 for 750ml

Tenchiro said:
A local Store is asking $10 for 12oz of Skullsplitter... But the most expensive I have purchased recently was Quelque Chose which was almost $12 for 750ml

skullsplitter is GREAT, though i get them for about 10-12$ a 4 pack

About $5 for a 22 of Stone IPA. Bought it bc I'd heard it was good...and it wasn't bc it was AWESOME....so good

homebrewer_99 said:
I did purchase a large 3 qt bottle of Leffe Blonde for $25.00 once.
ooh...you got ripped off :p

i think the most expensive beer is belgian styles that i mail-ordered from John's Grocery. upwards of $13 for some 750 mL bottles, plus shipping. Got some great beers, although some of them tasted like they were not stored correctly.

among the list were:

Goliath
Beiken
Satan Red
Lucifer
Kwak

and lots of other good stuff i don't remember

:drunk:

DeathBrewer said:
ooh...you got ripped off :p

i think the most expensive beer is belgian styles that i mail-ordered from John's Grocery. upwards of $13 for some 750 mL bottles, plus shipping. Got some great beers, although some of them tasted like they were not stored correctly.

among the list were:

Goliath
Beiken
Satan Red
Lucifer
Kwak

and lots of other good stuff i don't remember

:drunk:
I know, but the bottle makes an awesome display!! :D

I was in Pasadena this summer and we went to some pub that had "vintage beers" on the menu. There were bottles that were around $185.00. I don't remember what they were, but I do remember they had a bottle of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale from 1995 and it was around $30.00. I stuck with $4 pints of Craftsman IPA.

for xmas last year i bought the inlaws a bunch of belgium speciality beers. Although we've got some decent retailers around her i stumbled upon this place
http://www.johnsgrocery.com/index.html
amazing selection, i ended up getting about 15 beers from them most 22oz give or take. They were very helpfull with making good recommedations.

of course the inlaws shared many of them with us :mug:
in the end they ranged from 5-15 a bottle.

btw, they did a great job shipping it as well. :rockin:

Back