Homebrewtalk Carboy Cleaner Giveaway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a carboy cleaner because I'm a lazy bastard and my carboy has yeast poo all over it. Seriously though scrubbing that thing with a brush is a major PIA and one of those cleaners would come in handy.

I really want and need a Carboy Cleaner because I am having great difficulty in getting my tongue to reach the bottom of a 23 liter carboy. :D

what do you mean clean your carboy? I've just been using them for target practice in the front yard. It adds a real nice sparkle to the burning trash heap I use to keep my house warm.

I really need one of these. Mine is pretty worn out. These look really nice.

I need one so I can spend more time with the children. Do it for the children !!!

I have an attention deficit disorder that makes it hard to clean carboys using regular brush- but power drills on the other hand makes my little manhood wiggle.

Can it be used to give my cat a bath as well? Seams handy but that would put it over the top!

I need one so that I don't have to buy a new carboy for every batch.

My fiancée takes forever cleaning my carboys with the carboy brush. If I win one she would be able to spend more time with our family..

Two reasons; I like to use my cordless drill for everything I can ( I have an idea for a yeast centrifuge but that's a different thread).
The other reason; I love that you spell "cleaner"'without a "k" (I hate that).

I am not just your average home brewer. Pale ales are the least of my worries when it comes to cleaning my carboys. I brew west coast beer and lots of it. most of my 5 gallon beers contain at least 6-8oz of hops not including my dry hops. i need something other then that boring carboy brush to clean all the harsh things i put my carboys under. give me a carboy cleaner and i will stop bitchin.

Cheers
KdogBrewing

I'm not the tallest person, so swinging glass carboys with my low center of gravity seems like a bad idea. The more I can minimize the risk of breaking a carboy (or worse yet, myself!) the better :) cheers!

I need this carboy cleaner because I have carboys to clean. Besides, my wife accuses me of wanting at least one of everything for making beer and I hate to prove her wrong.

I, like so many on here, are new to brewing. I could go on about my tight budget and things like that...but the truth is I love new gadgets....can't get enough of them (especially if they are shiny).

Two Beer or not Two Beer

This has been sitting for 1.5 years (lambic), that krausen is going to be tough to get off!

11%2B-%2B1

Wars happen, everybody knows it, hardly anybody cares about it. We all just sit happy and oblivious in suburbia while the fat cats in Washington send our boys to topple whichever upjumped drug lord finds themselves with a bit too much power for their own good. We're just kids going to Baskin Robins, finding 31 flavors of oppression to fill our waffle cone with. Except this last time they sent my boy. Like any father I was sad to see him go, and proud to see him serve. I knew the Fermentada cartel was mean, but I knew our boys had the best equipment and training to deal with them. He sent back word of atrocities like trub left to dry, sticky malt residue, and stuck on hop leaves. I was shaken to the core by his stories, but I just kept telling myself, "My boy has got PBW and Starsan over there, what can stand up to that?" He sent me a letter telling me his group was going to hit some real ugly stuff in the next few days. Carboys tossed in the closet for a year without being cleaned. Bottling buckets not rinsed out, that sort of thing. He said he loved me and not to worry.

That was that last I heard from him.

Apparently Operation RDWHAHB was an utter fiasco. Words like infection, and cheap hooch were thrown around. Everyone was pointing their finger at someone else. Nobody could be bothered to look to themselves. I didn't care about the politicos and their BJCP campaigns they desperately tried to salvage. I just cared that my boy didn't come home. I reached out to brewers, zymurgists, and cicerones. Everybody gave their condolences, but nobody would do a damned thing about what happened.

4 years later I received word through the hop bine that the cartel took a lot of prisioners, and that my boy was still out there, stuck in some vile homebrew gathering ever since that night. You hear about them on 60 minutes, heck, you even have movies about them, they just didn't happen for real, or so I thought.

I started pushing again on the powers that be to do something about it, but time and time again HBT mods said that diplomatic tensions tied their hands. I cried myself to sleep night after night knowing my boy was subjected to friendly arguing about dough in temps and being force fed atomic buffalo turds and apfelwein.

Until I stopped crying little girl tears and decided to so something about it.

If the admins weren't going to help me get my boy back, then dammit I'd go do it myself. I hooked up with some old brewbuddies from back in the day. These were hardcore sons of guns that started with Mr Beer, and now had full on HERM systems going. We started making plans to go in for an extract-ion. We knew this was risky as all hell, but what else could be done? I'd do the same for my buddies, malt is thicker than blood.

We're in the final stages of preparation now. I've got a killer team, a brew hauler to get us there, but now we just need the tools when we hit the ground to make those sorry bastards pay. We'll go in with what we have, but we all know a carboy brush just isn't going to cut it. One of my guys mentions some new state of the art tech, a carboy cleaner that hooks into a power drill. A skunkworks reject too pricey for the BJCP panels. He tells me there are working prototypes out there, but how do we get our hands on one? My buddy then says that the seediest of brew forums is organizing a giveaway, and they'll be going to people that truly need them.

So here I am, begging you to not just help me, but help my boy too. His name is Carlton, but I always just called my boy Car for short.

I need a carboy cleaner because getting a new carboy for every batch is starting to negatively impact my retirement savings :p

The rhythmic whirl of blue chamois is very soothing. It would keep me entertained for hours.

I need a delicious Carboy Cleaner of yours so I can be the first of my brew friends to have one and brag about it showing it off :)

My first child is scheduled to arrive in a little less than 7 weeks. I'm certain he will be a brewer and would love a carboy cleaner for the nursery and to speed up our cleanup process. However, my wife thinks I have to stop spending money on "beer stuff" (her words) and only spend it on baby stuff. She even told our parents not to give us any gifts this year and instead give everything to the little guy. A carboy cleaner would be a great first beer gift for him but, if his gifts and my spending are only for baby stuff, winning this free gift is his only hope.

I want to be the envy of my best friend, because he's been eying one for awhile; would love to be able rub it in and share it with him.

Well because, im pretty sure left over krausen shouldn't be that fuzzy ... and I think it just called me 'lover'

I need a carboy cleaner because I just can't reach all of the nasty bits with a brush.

The Carboy Cleaner reminds me of the brushes at a drive-through car wash. Those get my car very clean with little effort on my part and doesn't scratch it. I'm sure the same would go for The Carboy Cleaner!

I've shattered 2 carboys already while having them slip from my hands during cleaning.
This would make SWMBO and her 5 yr old mini-me very happy to not hear me cussing and cleaning my wounds...

I should have a carboy cleaner b/c then I will be forced to gladly buy more replacement pads from you :mug:

Cleaning out carboys by hand makes me incredibly sad. These cleaners would make my life worth living again!

I would love a cleaner I'm so lazy when it comes to cleaning my carboys after transferring the beer out of them this cleaner might encourage me to clean them right away.

I need a carboy cleaner because I haven't had much luck with using a brush.
A couple problems I have had:
1. I have dropped a GLASS carboy when trying to pick it up and swirl it around to loosen the gunk.
2. I chipped the rim of my carboy with the brush.
3. I am always afraid I'm going to scratch the inside of my carboys with my brush.

I could use one of these because I am very new to homebrewing and I am constantly worried that I haven't cleaned my equipment fully.

Because I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me...and dang it, my boys need one.

I need a carboy cleaner so that I can make YouTube videos showing how well they work. Plus, beer makes me lazy & without a carboy cleaner, I'm never satisfied with my end results using any other method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back