Love Temp Controller Series TS wiring diagram (2008+)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does r0, c1, and c2 stand for?

They are program codes within the controller. When you start up the controller, you press and hold the set button to access the controllers programing. Pressing "set" again cycles through the various settings and parameters that one can use to customize the operation of the controller.

r0, c1, and c2 are three that set the operating mode. The manual that comes with the controller explains each parameter and what it does.

I don't have the paperwork that came with LOVE TSS2-2100.
I have it setup but don't know how to set the differential or
what the c1 and c2 operating modes are.

Thanks for the manual.

I have the controller setup and wired into my freezer, but I haven't wired in the heating element yet. So I haven't had to change from the default setting for SP2 yet - because I haven't tested it.

I have P5 set - for one probe.
I set SP1 and SP2.

(ie) for a fermentation temp of 50.
I set SP1=50 and SP2=48.

c1=dir (default)
c2=inv (non default)

So - I need to change c2 to be inv so the c2 goes hot when the probe reads 48 or below?

Thanks,
JD

So - I need to change c2 to be inv so the c2 goes hot when the probe reads 48 or below?
Correct

For your setup to work set r0 = dep
You can set SP2 = 0 and r2= 2 without worrying about SP2 and have the same result.

If you need to coast toward the set point like I require SP2 can be less than 0.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

What do you mean by:
"If you need to coast toward the set point like I require SP2 can be less than 0." ?

You can set SP2 = 0 and r2= 2 without worrying about SP2 and have the same result.

I guess I still don't understand what the r2 setting does.

I'm testing my setup now and it looks like my secondary controller is always on.

I set SP1 to 65 and I set SP2 to 40. When the temp hits 65 - SP1 output becomes hot, but it seems SP2 output is always hot.

Boerderij_Kabouter tanks.

I will be using SP2 = -1.5 as well.

My parameters are set according to my heater performance, overshoot.
The heater only heats until the liquid temp rises by 0.1°F, not until it reaches SP1.

Here is an example how my setup works.
SP1 set to 68°F, r2 set to 0.1°, SP2 set to -1.4°F

Heater relay #2 turns on when probe temp is below SP1+SP2-r2
or 66.5°F and off SP1+SP2 or 66.6°F.
Now the heater's mass and insulation losses slowly raise the temp to the target temp of SP1 or 68°F without over shoot.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Great thread, this should be stickied.

I've got a question for all of you since I'm quite confused looking at the different Love Controllers models.

I am planning on building a kegerator with a built-in fan that will push the cold air through an isolated tube where my beer lines will run. The beer lines will come out on wall-mounted taps about 5 feet away in another room.

I'm wondering which Love Controller to buy so that the Fan circulating the air in the isolated pipe can start/stop independentely of the kegerator's compressor using the second temp probe.

ie:

Probe #1:
Relay #1 activates when temp on probe #1 is higher than 47*F, stops when temp is lower than 45*F

Probe #2:
Location: Inside the far end of the isolated tubes, where the shanks are.
Relay #2 activates when temp on probe #2 is higher than 52*F, stops when temps is lower than 47*F

I know I could simply buy two standalone single probe/single relay controllers, but they surely have a model that fit my needs, don't they ?

The TSS2 model seems like it could do the trick, but as the posted wiring diagram shows, it's more of a heater/cooler controller. I am worried than when one relay activates, the other will deactivate, which is not what I want.

Anybody out there can help me find the right one ?

Thanks.

Been having a blast trying to get this controller wired to my chest freezer. HELP!!!

love_controller4.jpg

No offense, but post #1 was the answer to your question....

LoveWiring2.jpg

If you do not know enough about electronics to follow the diagram, I REALLY recommend finding a friend to help you so you at least have two sets of eyes looking at things.

Been having a blast trying to get this controller wired to my chest freezer. HELP!!!

love_controller4.jpg

I don't know the answer, but this is a March, 2006, controller and is entirely different than the one in the msg #1 diagram.

P.S. I see you got it working. Great.

This is how I got it finally working, with help from the Brew_Haus and SawDustGuy:

Temp probe: Blue on terminal 2; Brown on terminal 4.

Jumper: terminal 6 to 9.

Neutral (white): Spliced to pass through from wall outlet on to compressor with a wire also going to terminal 7.

Black (hot) wire coming from wall outlet going to terminal 6.

Black (hot) wire going to compressor from terminal 8.

I have a TSX-10140, evidently the older, pre-2008 wiring (the unit has a 2007 date on it so I'm assuming).

Here is the unit's wiring diagram (terminal 3 is actually for a second probe but I left it off the drawing):

tsx-10140.png

Here's how I plan to wire it (thanks to -TH- for posting the original diagram for a different model; I borrowed the drawing):

tsx-10140_older.png

Look right?

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a wiring diagram for this love controller?
IMG_3260.jpg

i cant seem to get it figured out :(
im using a 5cu holiday freezer if that matters.

i keep getting a EP2 error (defrosting probe error)
thanks in advance

i was wondering if anyone could help me out with a wiring diagram for this love controller?
IMG_3260.jpg

i cant seem to get it figured out :(
im using a 5cu holiday freezer if that matters.

i keep getting a EP2 error (defrosting probe error)
thanks in advance

My reply (#58) on the page previous to this one is how you hook that one up. :)

I have a TSS2-2200 and would like to controll a 220 AC unit with a heat strip in a walk in cooler. Can anyone help me with this?

First off, thanks everyone...this thread has been a great reference to me as I build my fermentation chamber out of a free mini fridge I picked up today and a $12 heater from Home Depot.

My question is about the settings. I don't really understand what the r0 dependency means. What do you all have that set to? IND or DEP?

Thanks.

EDIT: I figured it out. IND is the way to go.

This is a very helpful thread, but I have a question. I want to use a ceramic heater or a heating pad in my fermentation chamber, but I'm concerned that the heated )or coled air from the compressor) wont circulate around the chamber very well. Would it draw too much current through the controller (TSS2-2100) to wire an electrical outlet to each output so that I can plug the heater/fridge in as well as a 4" fan to each output?

Also, does it matter if the hot from the input goes into 4 or 5? I've seen some diagrams with it going into 4, and these ones with it going into 5.

Erm, is there any chance that someone could post up the "standard" set of parameters for programming the TS-13010 for a keezer? Mine's hooked up and working, but it's coasting WAY past my set point (38) by 5-6 degrees, with a differential of 1?

The LAST thing I need is frozen kegs!

Cheers for that, John. More or less what I had... just concerned by that overshoot (which I see you have as well)

The instructions that came with my TS-13010 Love temp controller weren't real clear in terms of wiring and I had to do some searching here and elsewhere. What I found helped but I thought I would make up a diagram that was real clear and post it:
LoveWiring2.jpg

And for the PRE-2008 models (thanks to Rick500):
tsx-10140_older.png

Here's the diagram for the LOVE TSS2-2100 (thanks to Boerderij_Kabouter):
Wiring_diagram_fro_Love_TSS2-21003.bmp

And the LOVE TSS2-2100 again but with only one temp probe (thanks to Boerderij_Kabouter):
Wiring_diagram_fro_Love_TSS2-210021.bmp
Silly question.... will the ASCO value (or other device) need to be wired to complete the circuit...thus lighting up the Love controller? Same question for the probes to be attached?

I was expecting the controller to light up using the wiring instructions but nada on both controllers. Same model, etc. Asco values (in my case) are not wired yet.

Thanks!

-Shark

Thanks for the response. Thats what I thought but was scared I might fu*& something up.

No chance of that now...Thanks Again.:mug:

Dilligaf, did you get this to work with your Sanyo? I have mounted my TS-13010 in the door & trying to use the existing temp control wiring. The diagram in this thread & the one on the frig seem pretty clear & I thought I had it hooked up properly, but after it has been on a few seconds, it trips out the GFCI.

If you could show me how you have yours wired up, I would appreciate it.

For others that might be able to help...here is how I have it wired.

lovewiringsr4910m.jpg

Just found dwygrsshpr's post here, that appears to be the same hookup & his is working.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/need-help-wiring-love-controller-78627/
FreezerWiring_sm.jpg

Looks like I have an issue on the compressor side. I hosed the whole unit off this morning because it was filthy. I hooked up the unit back to the old controller & same issue, so I don't believe it is my Love wiring.

Anyone have a detailed diagram on the TSX3?... :confused:

I think i got it now... but could use some reassurance.

Dr1nkBeer... did you ever get a wiring diagram for your TSX3? I'm having a hell of a time here too, and would like some reassurance. I'm having issues programming the damn thing too.

hi. I have the love 13010 controller. I wired it up to an outlet in my collar and it's working beautifully. It's in my garage and I'll need to get a heater running in a few months to keep the temp up. I understand that the controller can run a heater. I've looked at this thread, but I'm confused because of the different models being addressed.

how do I go about doing this? Does it involve a rewire of the controller, or do I just use the same outlet to power a heater? Is this just a reprogram of the controller?

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You should be able to re-program the action of the controller for heat. That way, you can use the outlet for a heater. Just reverse the process for cooling.

In the parameter menu, choose parameter "d0". There you can choose Ht or Co.
Setpoint you would just change form a cooling value to what you want for heat.
I hope this helps.

Back