Missed O.G

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen_mc

Reaction score
I just did my 3rd all grain batch at the weekend. An Irish red with target o.g of 1.044. I ended up at 1.038. I had too much water. Could I still throw some malt extract in the fermenter to kick it up bit? It's in the fermenter 3 days now. Any suggestions.

It would probably leave it be. But if you have to hit your numbers I would add some DME dissolved in water. You will have do the calcs to figure out how much you need to add.

I'd probably leave this one alone and boil down to the OG you want next time, With a little practice you will be able to figure out what the SG is post mash and what it will be post boil... The time to adjust gravity if you must is pre-boil... then you can add DME to your hearts content...

Yeah 6 points off of OG? I'd leave that one alone. Funny thing for me is I have been exceeding my OG by a lot recently.

Back