Bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twelvelookslikex

Reaction score
Ok im all ready to bottle. I picked up the secondary and put on table to rack and all the crap on top is all shook up. Should I let is settle befor racking to bottling bucket?

2aaa1429-orig.jpg

Yes. I normally leave the bucket/carboy up in the elevated position for a couple hours before racking to the keg or bottling bucket.

I would but it may not settle, although it probably wont end up in your bottleing bucket.You could also try cold crashing it for a day if you are really concerned. Make a note next time to not get that stirred up in there, try to put it where you bottle ahead of time. That crap can be annoying sometimes.

ok. yea its all the dry hopping mess. Damn I waited way to long to start this haha. I got everything ready how long does it take you guys to fill and cap 5 gallons?

Oh dryhopping? i did the same thing with pellots i use a small hop bag from now on as i use a filter over the auto siphon which bubbled the crap out of it siphoning it but they still turned out great despite my worries.Dont filter most of it should not be a problem and would settle anyway.

Yep when dry hopping I put a hop bag over the output end of my autosiphon to keep the hops out of my keg/bottling bucket.

I always use hop/grain sacks for all hops,whole leaf or pellets. Less mess that way. I have a brew stand where my primary stays put. I put the bottling bucket on the floor,& use tubing on the spigot to mix into priming solution in the bottling bucket. Nice clear beer that way.

ok. yea its all the dry hopping mess. Damn I waited way to long to start this haha. I got everything ready how long does it take you guys to fill and cap 5 gallons?

I does not take very long at all once everything is clean and sanitized. I usually do it while I am brewing so I am guessing about 1/2 hour. It is the cleaning and sanitizing that takes time.

Personally, I've had problems with the seams of the hop bag getting caught in the autosiphon, but I was using the reusable nylon type bags. It might be easier to use the disposable muslin bags.

Yeah it happend to me when using a piece of nylon to filiter it,it started clogging and getting air into the auto shipon maybe it was just co2 bubbles but it made me nervous.

Back