Deschutes Red Chair NWPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BendBrewer541

Reaction score
I read that Deschutes Brewery recently had an open house where they handed out a booklet of clone recipes and also 3oz of hops. Did anyone get their hands on one of those booklets? I'm looking for an accurate clone for the Red Chair NWPA. I see several clone attempts, but no real "Brewery Approved" clones of the more recent NWPA (as apposed to the IPA version of years past).

Interested to see if anyone has the recipe. I like that beer a lot, and it is one of my wife's favorite pale ales.

Well then, if you can go straight to the source then by all means! It's definately worth trying a clone. I just wish Deschutes would make it a year round brew. By the way, nice screen name; I had no idea there were two of us with similar names from Bend! It looks like you beat me by about a month...

Please let us know what you find out.

Well then, if you can go straight to the source then by all means! It's definately worth trying a clone. I just wish Deschutes would make it a year round brew. By the way, nice screen name; I had no idea there were two of us with similar names from Bend! It looks like you beat me by about a month...

Please let us know what you find out.

Will do.

You brewing this weekend? Looks like the Spring Fling is on for late April.

It looks like a job for Beersmith. There are still a few variables to work out. Maybe someone will have the ratios already worked out. Thanks to Samc for finding this. BendBrewer; if you learn anything new from your friend, please let us know! It would be a great weekend to brew!

I'm sitting here enjoying a Deschutes Red Chair (actually on second one) and am hoping that someone will see this and have some more detailed info on a clone for this. It's REALLY good! Any more info beyond the general ingredients would be appreciated. I just may have to try to brew this next weekend!
Thanks

Back