Finally getting into kegging!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
So after a 2 year sabbatical from brewing (I lived in an apartment that didn't have the space) I'm finally getting back into it. I just bought a house with plenty of room, and a nice area in the basement that should allow for a constant temperature while fermenting. I placed my first order today (blueberry wheat from beer-wine.com) and decided to hell with bottling (I always hated bottling). I ordered my first 2 cornies as well (saw they have them on sale, sweet!), and plan on picking up a fridge for a kegerator tomorrow for cheap ($35!).

I plan on doing a dual-tap tower setup, but from what I'm reading, the ball-lock housings on the cornies are different from the housings in a standard keg setup (ie commercial kegs). So I'm not sure if I need to get something else (converter) or what. If anyone has any recommendations for an all-inclusive setup (CO2, regulators, hoses, dual-tap tower, taps, etc) let me know. I've read through these (and other) forums, but there's almost TOO much information.

I can't wait to get back into brewing... I've missed it! :mug:

One thing you will need for sure is ball-lock connections for the gas and the liquid. It is different than commercial sanke kegs. You can check brewmasterswarehouse.com or another on-line site for complete kits which has everything you need in it but the fridge.

Latest posts

Back