We Finally Have a Local Homebrew Club!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Man, it's been a long time coming. Supposedly, this area (Charlottesville) had a couple a long time ago that fizzled out, but these guys running this one seem to have their sh*t together. I attended their second meeting (my first) last week, and the turnout was impressive. We choked out that tavern with all those people.

I also got to meet a fellow HBT'er, "beeropolis", along with some other really nice fellow homebrewers. Now we just wait and see how many people come back for another meeting...

Anyone else have/belong to a local club? I know I've heard mention of them...

We've got one that's just getting going here (and that I'm still worried might fizzle out). It's been hit or miss, they spent way too much time talking about stupid crap like bylaws and stuff, and there hasn't been much of an agenda, so the meetings have been pointless at times. Turnout was great to start, less great lately.

We attended an informal meeting last week. It was nice to meet up with more beer people. The best thing was they were all local.

Just two, Oregon Brew Crew and Heart of the Valley.

Remember, one or two people will make the difference. Could be you.

It was cool meeting fellow homebrewers having never met any before and I got to go to a place I hadnt heard of yet. I'm still new to the area and don't know of many good places with great beer selections. South Street and Mellow Mushroom are the two places I frequent most and I checked out that Beer Run place the other night. And of course Wine Warehouse is a thing of beauty.

Taste that beer I gave you yet? That's my first recipe I ever made and curious to have feedback other than my own biased opinion. My SWMBO hates beer but would stick her nose in the glass for hours if I let her.

The James River Homebrewers have been around for at least 20 years (that's what it says on my T-shirt). A lot of good guys that meet on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Unfortunately, due to shift work I'm rarely able to attend, plus SWMBO works evenings and I don't want to drag the Kid to a beer meeting.

http://www.jrhomebrewers.org/forums/

Back