You Know You're A Brewing Addict When...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vox

Reaction score
I laughed at myself today for buying more equipment that I don't need and thought, I bet there's many others out there with funny things you've done for your habit. Feel free to post yours here.

Today I was looking for some bottles on the list of Craig and wound up buying a guy's entire homebrew collection including three carboys, more buckets, grolsch bottles, and duplicates of many small pieces of bottling equipment that I don't need lol. Mind you I also am now going to try my hand at some wine which could only mean more equipment! I also have been looking at oak barrels for oaking cider. Thankfully I haven't gotten into kegging or large 50 gallon drums...yet. lol

Haha, it is quite the addiction. Must try kegging next, you will brew a lot more when you don't have to bottle anymore. At least, that is how it worked with me. Enjoy the new stuff, I just picked up a 3rd brewpot that I don't need but what the hell, it was a good deal :)

I'm guilty of checking out the nutrition facts and calculating the brix/SG/ABV of any fruit juice I see on the shelf of the grocery store. Ditto for commercial ciders when listed on the six-pack to get an idea of the residual sugar.

:D

When you "think" you have enough equipment, you usually need more :)

I have 2 Carboys, 2 Fermenting Buckets, 1 Bottling Bucket.

I thought that was enough, until I had 2 beers and 1 wine all fermenting at the same time. Have to rack things into a 2nd carboy, with so many things at once, I need more!

Redundant equipment is not silly, it's smart. Nothing worse that getting out you hydrometer to find it is broken, or getting ready to cap 50 already filled bottles only to find your capper is missing. :mad:

You buy kegging equipment in February and tell your wife, "Happy Valentines Day!"
OR
You look at the 3 keg kegerator (yes, the one you bought for your wife for Valentines day) and you are pissed it doesn't hold 5 kegs

I'm guilty of checking out the nutrition facts and calculating the brix/SG/ABV of any fruit juice I see on the shelf of the grocery store. Ditto for commercial ciders when listed on the six-pack to get an idea of the residual sugar.

:D

Ditto. I'm forever cruising the juice sections of whatever store I'm in. I don't buy much equipment, but I buy a helluva lot of ingredients.

Somehow I've ended up with 2x6.5 gal carboys and 2x 5 gal carboys as well as a bottling bucket.

A two-keg kegerator was a great idea. Right up until the point where I realized I had nowhere to lager. So now when I brew a lager I have to sit with only one tap working for a couple of months. Super big bummer. Guess who's getting a ferm chamber as soon as I have money+space!

Because of this, I've started bottling just because my keg space wasn't keeping up with how much I wanted to brew!

I'm thinking that it's when you start looking at...things...and wondering if they can be fermented.
Like Mole sauce...

Latest posts

Back