time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god an Imperial Rauchbier!

image-2177949190.jpg

Well poopsmith, looks like im out of pictures at the moment. I can get one on after work or if someone has one in the chamber feel free to pull the trigger.

Okay time to breathe some life back into this game!

2012-04-09%2018.06.10.jpg

EDIT: Wow, older image (first one I found whilst looking through images I haven't used yet.) It's so much greener now :)

Definitely a good hint... But I have been thinking about brewing one of these next, so it was on the top of my mind as well... How is it? Is the recipe posted somewhere?

It was delicious. I'm sure there is a recipe somewhere but just take the grain bill for an American IPA and reduce/eliminate all specialty grains, especially those that are darker. It would also help the clash of styles to use a good percentage of Belgian pils malt. Then just mash medium (154ish) and add some citrus zest and Indian coriander (the oblong ones, not the round ones) to the end of boil or at flameout. You can use "C" hops or nobles, depending on your taste. You can also use lemongrass or lemon thyme instead of citrus zest.

American wheat

Winner. I took this pic a few years ago before getting into home brewing. It is a sam summer..an American pale wheat ale.

I figured the glass was going to give it away haha, I've just always loved this picture and want to have it framed and over a bar some day.

Back